Do you Have weird animal Friendships??

Hi!
my rabbit gets along with our family dog (shetland sheepdog)
i ve never actually had to lock up or cage our house bun.
This is our 4th house bun that we have owned.
OUr dog is the unique one!
He can go outside and hang out with the chickens.
he has been known to have gone inside their coop run and look for food. he doesnt care if they are there.
the chickens give him that look.
ep.gif

I have barn cats that take rides on some of our goats (only 2 will tolerate them doing this, they found out the hard way) I think it may be give and take the cats will scratch on them for a ride never seen any injures from it. I think the reason these 2 girls tolerate it is that the momma cat moved them into these goats shed area when they were about 4 weeks old. Tried everything to move them elsewhere finally just gave up.

AWW! I would love to see pictures of these friendships
love.gif

my pup and ducklings are on the rug by the front dorr right now soaking up some sun.

I don't, personally, but my mother's flock of sheep has a cat. When the sheep start lambing, the cat will go from lamb to lamb, sniffing their noses to get to know the newcomers. The cat hangs around, watching for the lambs to drink, after which she'll wander over and lick their lips clean of milk. That cat knows a good opportunity when she sees one. There are other cats in the barn, and Mom's one aggressive sheep, General, tries to kill them every chance she gets, but I guess General remembers this one cat licking her lips when she was a lamb because she never so much as snorts in that cat's direction.

I think I'll ask Mom to get a photo of the cat licking the lambs' lips when the sheep start lambing again. It's really cute.

Great stories and pics!
thumbsup.gif

I have a cat who likes to hang out with the chickens, but they don't tolerate her too well. They prefer to chase her around the yard - which I guess is ok 'cause she is a bit overweight and can use the exercise.
smile.png

My pygmy goat, Dexter, and muscovy duck, Sadie, were best buddies. They slept together, roamed together and often you'd see Sadie grooming Dexter. Unfortunately, I purchased a drake and Sadie left Dexter for Lurch. The poor goat has never been the same again, but Sadie is happy.
lol.png

My old wolf hybrid wanted to be a mother so bad, but she was fixed when she was 1 y.o. She would search out baby animals and bring them home. We had her bring home 2 flea-riddled feral kittens and 3 wild baby bunnies at various times. When she brought the rabbits home I thought they were dead. I went to dispose of them and nearly had a heart attack when they started hopping around. (Fortunately, the mother rabbit was close by and rescued her babies.) Poor dog. She was thrilled when we got her a puppy in her last years. That puppy extended her life another 2 years. The pup grew up to be our older dog now. She turned into a great dog in no small part because she had a great teacher/adopted mother.

My old spot pig has weird friendships. There was a cochin rooster that use to wait till she lied down and would go grab her tail and try to mate her. LOL unfortunately coyote got the roo:(

I also have a young buck that thinks he is a pig. He eats with her and when he is cold and she is lying down he will curl up on top of her so that he has a nice big pig cushion. I haven't been able to get any pics.

Back
Top Bottom