Do you Have weird animal Friendships??

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
Well, some people know of my crazy pup - Georgia. SHe is a Pet stor Mini schnauzer, about 1 1/2 years old. She Mothers/ Plays with/ goes nuts for any other little animal. She has nurtured and cared for / herded my ducks and ducklings around since I got her, constantly treating them like her own and it is just the cutest thing!

We recently got a new Bunny rabbit who is the sweetest little bundle of fluff ive ever had. Well she and George just hit it off like they have know each other forever. The rabbit sits in betwen her paws, follows her around - heck they even play around with each other, chasing one another and such. They give each other kisses too! Just too much sweetness in this house.

DO you have any weird animal friendships! Include stories and pictures Please
big_smile.png
I'll share some pictures later.

My boxer and my pygmy wethers love to play together. All of the other goats are afraid of the dog, but the wethers chases him, and the dog chases the wethers. They are quite comical playing together.

My pit bully ball of energy LOVES the goats...until they headbutt...lol..but she always goes back to play and they all chase each other. She grabs a stick and plays keep away with the Boer cross doe. Wish I had some pics to share! It's hillarious!!!

My goat has a cat. When I was bottle feeding my goat this kitten always came up to him and would lick the excess off of his chin and what not. Well as time went by they both started growing and I figured that once the bottles stopped Bud (cat) would leave Billy. Well they still love each other. Billy will pick Bud up by his tail...his neck...whatever and Bud just loves it. I wish I had some pics of them somewhere. I will have to check it out.

I don't have any current odd friendships and the one we did have wasn't all that odd but, when one of our goats had triplets last year, her firstborn really took to our dog. They would play with each other, running around, the goat would try to get the dog to headbutt, they would jump off things, etc. The funny thing is that they even looked kind of alike!

9311_dscf0022.jpg

9311_dscf0024.jpg

I don't have any pictures of them playing together when the kid is older unfortunately.

We used to have a lone guinea who a dog had broken her leg (we straightened it and wrapped it and it healed nicely) and a duck who followed each other everywhere and were best of friends. A hawk ended up getting the guinea
sad.png
and we had the duck for 8 or 9 years.
smile.png

An old coworker of mine had a pug that played with the wild foxes that lived on their lot. My grandma's husky used to lay on her side and line up stuffed animals like she was nursing them
tongue.png

I love this thread! I hope it goes on for a long time!
I have mentioned it here before that I have a very old blind mini horse. His best friend is a potbellied pig. The pig stands underneath the horse while he is out grazing. Lately I have been finding the pig cuddled up with Red to keep warm while sleeping.

AWWW! So cute you guys! My dogs didnt like my goats though, seeing as my doe would head butt them and the dogs were on the small side.

Here is Georgia and her brats:
243oo5j.jpg

15gcspe.jpg

2aes1l.jpg

10e3441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom