Do you name your chickens and if so how do you choose their names.

My teen daughters named all 11 of our adult chickens when they were chicks.

Cleopatra because of her eyeliner look (Easter Egger)
Sparrow
Merry &
Pippin (LOTR characters)
Hunter (always chasing flys/bugs)
Gabriella
Porscha
Sugar
Spice
Penny (copper colored)
Lacy (barnevelder with lace)

I have about 8 roosters and have been thinking about naming them all after great Roman/Spartan warriors as soon as i can figure out how to spell them LOL LOL.

AL

here I just let my girls find names for mine. they always come up with the best, I think.
tongue.png

When we would raise a steer for slaughter we would give them names like

Fridgidaire

Whirlpool

Freezer

Meat Locker

We once had a roo named "Stew"

Mahonri - very funny. We had a friend who named his steers T-bone, Porterhouse, Ribeye and such.

My girls are named. But, like many named animals, they're more pets than production.

My roo is Don or The Don after my sons friend who wanted chickens but was leaving for the Marines. He was just back a few weeks ago and couldnt believe how big he was.

The EE's are Whiskers, she was named first because of her muffs and beard. Elizabeth because she has a ring of feathers around the bottom of her neck that reminded me of the big collars queen elizabeth wore in paintings. And Marilyn, she was the last to get a name because much to my dismay she doesnt have much of a personality. My sister is a Marilyn fan (shes a natural platnum blonde too) and decided her white smooth head and no muffs or beard ment she was a Marilyn.

The RIR's are named for my Grandmothers, Violet and Hazel because they are old fashioned farm girls.

I have 9 hens and I only named two because they are the only two i can tell apart

Megaladon - the bigest of all my chickens
Shrimp - The smallest

~Erin~

Quote:
I think you should switch their names around! Genious!! hahaha

Cody!!

haha maybe but they are all the same size now so I dont know which one is which anymore.

LOL
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom