Do you need a permit to own DOMESTIC ducks in Florida? IDEAL POULTRY SAID I HAVE TO HAVE A PERMIT FO

I'll try and look into the pet permit today. Thanks! I'm sorry if I sounded witchy, I wasn't tring to be. I'm getting the ducks today, and I'm not a fan of pekins, though I have 5, I'll trade with someone else if they're all pekin. The males anyways(I'm really good at vent sexing ducks~).

Last edited:
Good luck Kelly, list the ones you don't want on Craig's list for sale. There aren't a ton of duck breeders (atleast active on here) here in FL, but if you look around you can find some pretty interesting breeds.

Good luck Kelly, list the ones you don't want on Craig's list for sale. There aren't a ton of duck breeders (atleast active on here) here in FL, but if you look around you can find some pretty interesting breeds.
i got them~!!! my mom sent me a picture mail and theyre soooooooooooo cute! i cant personally see them until this afternoon, but they were ALL pekin with 3 cresteds. my grandmother got supposedly rouen.
idunno.gif
it's odd. but either way, i'll just keep the females(i never keep brothers, coz as y'all know, it's bad breeding).

maybe i can find a couple of unrelated males on craigslist.

i got them~!!! my mom sent me a picture mail and theyre soooooooooooo cute! i cant personally see them until this afternoon, but they were ALL pekin with 3 cresteds. my grandmother got supposedly rouen.
idunno.gif
it's odd. but either way, i'll just keep the females(i never keep brothers, coz as y'all know, it's bad breeding).

maybe i can find a couple of unrelated males on craigslist.
actually its not bad breeding in poultry its just fine for a few generations.
i think its after about 6 generations you need to introduce new blood.
but breeding what you get is fine. and some of them will be unrelated they arent all from the same duck and drake combo.

Quote:
yeah, well i prefer no relation whatsoever, because my coturnix quail very rarely lay nowadays, and they've been inbred. plus i had a broXsis inbred rooster and my oh my! did he look old after he hit maturity. i think 2 or 3 generations tops is all i'll ever do. isnt parent/offspring alright though? and that's with button quail.

i heard that the serious breeders inbreed through broXsis to see if the offspring carry any bad genes, because it apparantly shows recessive genes.

Have you looked into buying from Metzer Farms? I've had good experiences with them. I would definitely use them over any other hatchery.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/index.cfm?CustID=630810

StevenW.: That lady WAS rather vile, if I do say so myself. I mustve gotten a different one than my grandmother. As expensive as Meyer Poultry are, at least they have nice people handling the phones.

Back
Top Bottom