Do You Own A Gun ?

I went to a two day class with the police in Montgomery, Al. They taught us about gun safety and that if someone is going out the window with your tv you can't shoot them. If you feel your life is threatened fire away. If you don't feel as if you could shoot someone who is endangering your or your families lives they say don't get a gun. I would not have a problem with that . They let us shoot in their firing range. I had never shot a pistol or any kind of gun before. Now I can and feel much much safer in my home. I hope I never have to use it but I would if necessary.

If the person would listen to and do as the policeman says this might not happen. The policeman is a law officer and you must do as he says whether you like it or not. The time to protest is when they get you to the police station in front of the judge. I know there are some bad policemen but the good ones far outweigh the others. Just do as the policeman asks you to do. Then there will be no problem or killing.

Ha, No, not road rage, Probably just some random drive-by missed and hit my car. This is in Milwaukee, WI and it is quite horrible, so I'm sure you are better off in AZ. But, I'm outta there, have a little 1+ acre in heaven with my first 5 hens. Whoo hoo.

people are easily snapped now a day

1+ acre of land.. you will not find it in the city around here.. that's county land area.. but my family does not like having a house in the middle of some big lot with no street lights

on county land there's no hoa but there's no street lights, no fire or police service (unless you choose to pay per month for those service from what i heard)

you have more freedom of what you can and can't do on your properties-- but can feel so isolated - like a house in middle of no where?

do you have lights on from dawn to dust around the house for security?

0.jpg

I tend to side with the officers whenever things like this happen. Unless something more enlightening comes up, I am going to assume the man shot did something stupid.
I laughed a bit tonight. As I was closing up the coops I could hear a pack of coyotes running by. I then heard two shots from a gun...probably the coyotes got too close to the neighbors yard so he chose to send them on their way.
I love the fact that I can live in a place where the greatest danger is coyotes.

they didn't show the shooting part of the video..

which to me is pretty clear..

usually they will show it when there's nothing to hide

the police officer was fired.. so there's gotta be something going on in that part of the video that they didn't show the public but decided to fire the guy instead

Ha, No, not road rage, Probably just some random drive-by missed and hit my car. This is in Milwaukee, WI and it is quite horrible, so I'm sure you are better off in AZ. But, I'm outta there, have a little 1+ acre in heaven with my first 5 hens. Whoo hoo.
people are easily snapped now a day 1+ acre of land.. you will not find it in the city around here.. that's county land area.. but my family does not like having a house in the middle of some big lot with no street lights on county land there's no hoa but there's no street lights, no fire or police service (unless you choose to pay per month for those service from what i heard) you have more freedom of what you can and can't do on your properties-- but can feel so isolated - like a house in middle of no where? do you have lights on from dawn to dust around the house for security?
I tend to side with the officers whenever things like this happen. Unless something more enlightening comes up, I am going to assume the man shot did something stupid. I laughed a bit tonight. As I was closing up the coops I could hear a pack of coyotes running by. I then heard two shots from a gun...probably the coyotes got too close to the neighbors yard so he chose to send them on their way. I love the fact that I can live in a place where the greatest danger is coyotes.
they didn't show the shooting part of the video.. which to me is pretty clear.. usually they will show it when there's nothing to hide the police officer was fired.. so there's gotta be something going on in that part of the video that they didn't show the public but decided to fire the guy instead
I live in the middle of no where. We need to fix the yard light, but otherwise it is just the stars and moon to light the night, the way life should be. We do not have to pay for police or ambulance services monthly I think they do charge for ambulance if you need them. The biggest problem is the response can be slower (but honestly not any slower then the times you claim it takes them to get to you). They are volunteers, the fire and first responders, but well trained (my father has been a volunteer fire fighter for years)

I live in the middle of no where. We need to fix the yard light, but otherwise it is just the stars and moon to light the night, the way life should be. We do not have to pay for police or ambulance services monthly I think they do charge for ambulance if you need them. The biggest problem is the response can be slower (but honestly not any slower then the times you claim it takes them to get to you). They are volunteers, the fire and first responders, but well trained (my father has been a volunteer fire fighter for years)

i heard about it but i'm not sure if it was true or not

but a homeowner's house was on fire he called 911 but by the time the firefighters got there they found out that the house is not in the city limit and wasn't sure whose jurisdiction the house is on either..

so the house burned to the ground while they waited?.. true or not i don't know..

i'll have a clear answer if i get the chance to meet a homeowner on county land around here

some people are not comfortable living in a house that is is pretty much in the middle of a dark and isolated lot..

i saw some houses around here in my area.. they are on county land.. you have more space but the area is pitch black at night since there's no street light

if i'm buying the first thing i'll do is build a perimeter wall and add light posts around the house (motion sensor led lights) etc..

Last edited:
I have heard a story like that too. But if true it is very rare. Perhaps, like noise, lights are just something one gets used too. I lived for a few years in a city. I missed the stars.

it's probably quite in your area?

i grew up in the city.. i like more space and more property rights but i like to stay close to the city for convenience and security

which is why county land is the best choice

you got county lands surrounded by cities around here.. my guess is that some farmers/homeowners who refused to sell as the cities expand ?

I have heard a story like that too. But if true it is very rare. Perhaps, like noise, lights are just something one gets used too. I lived for a few years in a city. I missed the stars.

it's probably quite in your area?

i grew up in the city.. i like more space and more property rights but i like to stay close to the city for convenience and security

which is why county land is the best choice

you got county lands surrounded by cities around here..  my guess is that some farmers/homeowners who refused to sell as the cities expand ?

Some, but I bet many are grandfathered in and if sold they need to be careful or the property looses some rights.
We my home is noisy with birds, frogs, chickens, coyotes, cows, and occasionally tractors. Sometimes you can hear the train whistle from the town 8 miles away, but not always.
Cows can get noisy, especially during weaning time.
I understand your unease, but I think you and your family would quickly learn to live the quiet life away from the city. Most of your fears, being in the dark, away from conveniences and security are miss placed. I think response time is around 30 minutes here, give or take depending on alot. And the deputy or sheriff that would come is someone I have actually met, same with the first responders. I let my girls run around I outside all day playing, the two year old usually naked. The biggest danger those girls face here is themselves, and tractors. My neighbor keeps an eye in our place during the day and if he sees anything suspicious checks it out, DH has helped him many times and he is always happy to return the favor. I can walk 2miles down my gravel road and not see a single car, if I do it is probably the neighbor or his wife.
Cities have so many people and they all seem angry, county life is much better (though I admit slower). Beyond the fact that a person must work and country life does not have many opportunities, it us beyond me why anyone lives in a city. I do understand that everyone is different and chalk it up to it takes all types to make the world go round.

Some, but I bet many are grandfathered in and if sold they need to be careful or the property looses some rights.
We my home is noisy with birds, frogs, chickens, coyotes, cows, and occasionally tractors. Sometimes you can hear the train whistle from the town 8 miles away, but not always.
Cows can get noisy, especially during weaning time.
I understand your unease, but I think you and your family would quickly learn to live the quiet life away from the city. Most of your fears, being in the dark, away from conveniences and security are miss placed. I think response time is around 30 minutes here, give or take depending on alot. And the deputy or sheriff that would come is someone I have actually met, same with the first responders. I let my girls run around I outside all day playing, the two year old usually naked. The biggest danger those girls face here is themselves, and tractors. My neighbor keeps an eye in our place during the day and if he sees anything suspicious checks it out, DH has helped him many times and he is always happy to return the favor. I can walk 2miles down my gravel road and not see a single car, if I do it is probably the neighbor or his wife.
Cities have so many people and they all seem angry, county life is much better (though I admit slower). Beyond the fact that a person must work and country life does not have many opportunities, it us beyond me why anyone lives in a city. I do understand that everyone is different and chalk it up to it takes all types to make the world go round.

i think there's a saying.. when seconds count the police is only minutes away ?

when your neighbors are miles away.. if something happened.. how do they know?

the response time around here is aroudn 2-5 minutes.. the goal is too keep it under 5 minutes.. i live close to the police station and fire station+ shopping center.

supermarkets, costco, sam's clubs, wal-mart, homedport, banks, etc.. are within 1/2-3 miles radius of my house. easy access to the freeway

walk 2 miles and not see a single car-- true it will depend on the person.. since that statement can be scary to some.. since it's showing how isolated the location will be

true.. people living in the cities seem to be on edge.. but they are not the majority..

i guess kind of like chickens. when you put so many in such a small space there will be behavior problems
roll.png

i guess there are pros and cons for the city vs rural

for my area.. the county land is a bit different since neighbors are still within sight distance.. they are not 20-30 ft away.. but maybe 100-300ft away.. NO HOA.. which is pretty nice

i saw a for sale sign for a house on county close to me.. looks like a lot work though..

- will need to put in a driveway
- get rid of weeds
- build a surrounding fence
- add in light posts + motion sensor lights

lastly probably the house-- type of plumbing? insulation, paint? etc.

since looks like a lot of things are not up to codes.. it might be best to just demolish it and build a new one from the ground up..

all these things are possible when i hit the powerball jackpot or something

back to topic-- you stated that you don't use your guns for protection?

does your family know how to use the guns if needed?

i can't help it.. the concerns are reasonable though.. since "what if" situations happened ? and so on

I went to a two day class with the police in Montgomery, Al. They taught us about gun safety and that if someone is going out the window with your tv you can't shoot them. If you feel your life is threatened fire away. If you don't feel as if you could shoot someone who is endangering your or your families lives they say don't get a gun. I would not have a problem with that . They let us shoot in their firing range. I had never shot a pistol or any kind of gun before. Now I can and feel much much safer in my home. I hope I never have to use it but I would if necessary.

If the person would listen to and do as the policeman says this might not happen. The policeman is a law officer and you must do as he says whether you like it or not. The time to protest is when they get you to the police station in front of the judge. I know there are some bad policemen but the good ones far outweigh the others. Just do as the policeman asks you to do. Then there will be no problem or killing.

there was a guy who was complying with commands and yet was shot for no reason (caught on video).. there are a few cases on the net

it's hard to tell. some police officers are pretty jumpy due to what is going on atm. while some are used to using force that they don't really care forphysical injury of the other person anymore etc..

and yes. there are bad and good police officers just because of a few bad police officers doesn't meant that all of them are bad

since if you look at the FBI most wanted list.. does it mean that every single person in this country are like these criminals? no, just a selected few. most of us are law abiding citizens.. so similar way of thinking when it comes to the police for me..

it's a case by case basis

as for shooting someone

the class you mentioned.. it's like the citizen police academy here
https://www.phoenix.gov/police/neighborhood-resources/citizen-police-academy

they are going by the textbook definition

but like when you took the test for your permit or driver license.. what's on the test and what's in real life? how many of us still go by the book?

these cases are good examples
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...tated-after-fatally-shooting-burglary-suspect
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...ce-investigate-shooting-at-north-phoenix-home

you have the right to defend your life and your property

of course this does not mean you can run after and kill a fleeing suspect that is no longer in/on your private property

we got a car thief who was shot by the car owner in the home depot parking lot -- the thief broke into the car and when the car owner caught him he tried to fight back. the car owner shot him.. the car owner was never charged

honestly what's happening at someone's private property.. it's hard to tell unless you have a video

so if there's no video.. you got a dead suspect on private property.. and the only thing available is the statement of the homeowner

who do you think the police will believe? if there's no connection.. you got a criminal in/on a private property case (home invasion, etc..) excessive force by the homeowner? there's no such thing..

so if you willing to risk your life by breaking/damaging someone's property around here.. just remember that you are putting your life on the line as well

it would be amusing to see a criminal claiming that he/she means no physical harm .. and that he/she just want to steal all the valuables in the house without harming the residents..

?? who will take the chance or believe it?

some criminals think that they have the right to rob/damage someone's property without any consequence :/

if you are willing to break to the law and destroy/taking things that someone else worked hard for.. then don't act surprised when you lose your life when owner decided to defend his/her life or property

again.. case by case..

like when a person is being robbed.. comply with the suspects' demands is usually the police textbook's response.. but again it's case by case.. the only person who can tell what is proper to do in that situation would be the people right at the scene.

since we can't read minds.. so how do you know that the suspects will just take what they want and leave or they do not want something else?.. can the police guarantee you that the suspects will not physically assault/rape you or your family/loved ones as well?

no one can give you a solid answer that will cover every single situation.... one size doesn't fit all

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom