Do you recycle?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• When there's a bin handy

• Total voters
Yes, I do. To the extreme. I took a load of scrap metal (transmission 'guts') and aluminum (transmission casings) to the scrap yard and brought home a check for over $1,000 dollars.

Now, I can buy me a real camera!
lol.png

We recycle since the city we live in makes it very easy. they provide you with trash bins for non recyclable (what they consider NR anyway), and recyclables. The recycle bins are picked up every other week (and for us it would be better if they took the NR every other week and the Recyclables every week! LOL).

No i dont.I lay waste to plastics and styrofoam! I burn them so I can pollute the atmosphere...im mad I tells ya..mad mad I say mwahahahaaaaaaa!!!

We recycle, we have to. See, our town has the usual monthly surcharge for waste removal, but we also have to buy city provided garbage bags, they're almost $8 for 5! So we HAVE to recycle, or else we would be paying out the wa-zoo for garbage!

We recycle everything we can. Have lived in our house for almost 7 years and haven't once paid for a garbage man. Anything burnable, gets burnt. Anything that can't be recycled or burnt, goes to the dump. We make a run about every 6 months or so. Costs us $18 for a trailer load. It would cost us at least $20/month for a garbage man.

It really is amazing how much can be recycled or burnt and how little actual garbage we have. We had more when we had an indoor cat and had cat litter. Now that she is gone, we rarely have garbage.

We have mandated recycling here. There is occasionally talk of fining people if they find recyclables in the garbage. And we do have garbage police. Or so they say.
lol.png

A 30 gal garbage bin picked up every two weeks

2- 96 gallon recycle bins picked up every week. 1 for yard waste, 1 for most everything else. It's not too difficult since it 2 single streams. Plastic, metal, glass, paper, etc all in one. Food and compostables in with yard waste.

Imp

I honestly can't remember the last time we even used glass.
lau.gif

Most things we buy nowadays are plastic - most can be recycled, what can't either finds a use in the kitchen or the chicken coop.
caf.gif

Good to see the very large majority of you voted yes.
tongue.png

Last edited:
I don't recycle. It's not worth the effort around here, and we live out in the sticks so it costs more in gas than what you get out of it. My little brother occasionally recycles though.

Quote:
That's probably why we recycle so much, seeing as it's so easy.
lol.png

They even give us a bin for garden rubbish like sticks and leaves round here.
caf.gif

I do sometimes. I have learned that used motor oil can be recycled into an awesome weed killer.

hide.gif

tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom