Do you recycle?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• When there's a bin handy

• Total voters
I make a trip once a year or so... 15 miles one way and everything except aluminum is a penny a pound. They used to just do paper, cardboard, and aluminum. Now they have added steel cans and a limited amount of plastic but still a penny per pound. I have mixed feelings about recycling... the fuel to transport the stuff to the center, the fuel to go from the center to where it is processed, the energy for them to actually recycle it... is it worth it?

We have recycle pick up. We collect cans for the kids school.They are collecting for rain forests I think. I miss the days when you could get money for cans.Used to be machines you could toss the cans in and get moeny.Now we have to just give it away to the city for free.....and they make the money.

Some places collect leaves and then give compost free or cheap.Our city keeps it for their own use.

Interesting way to look at it.
lol.png

Do most of you have to actually take your own rubbish to the dump, then? I'm not accustomed to the ways of the country.
lol.png
Wouldn't keeping waste for a few months before driving it off result in some nasties?
tongue.png
Clue me in.

Last edited:
I try to buy bulk at the local co-op and bring in my own containers to tare out on their scales before I shop. If there's a couple items of the same type and similar price I will buy either the cardbord or glass packaged one. The cardboard goes in recycling and oftentimes the glass jar will get re-used, and if not, recycled. It's not really so much the saving the earth that has made me so concious of it- it's the fact that we have no garbage service and I can't see burning plastic in the burn pile. Never realized how much garbage we create until I moved way out where we have crazy expensive garbage service
smile.png

Garbage service in the country is very expensive. I burn all the paper and try to avoid plastic containers and I end up going to the dump about every 3 months with 5 cans. The dump in Woodburn (hispanic town) has very cheap dump rates and is about 1/4 the cost of other dumps. I keep lids on the cans and compost anything that will compost other than what the chickens get of course.
ray's two cents :

Interesting way to look at it.
lol.png

Do most of you have to actually take your own rubbish to the dump, then? I'm not accustomed to the ways of the country.
lol.png
Wouldn't keeping waste for a few months before driving it off result in some nasties?
tongue.png
Clue me in.​

Back
Top Bottom