Do you sell your eggs for eating?

I'll add my d'uccle eggs in the packs, just one per pack though. She's such a strong layer.

I just found out that prices are 4-4.50 per carton. I'm undercharging.

Want to know something frustrating? Here in Ohio, I am not allowed to label my eggs "farm fresh" or "fresh from the farm." Those words are reserved for the big layer companies.
somad.gif
See, the last commercial bird farm up here closed down a couple years ago, so no farms to compete with. Despite NOT living in a farm, the people I meet from Anchorage who bring me unwanted roosters all assume I live on one. Silly city people. I'm just making due on my 3/4 acre. Maybe someday we'll actually get our real farm :)

There's a store in town here that sells a GMO-free eggs for $6 a dozen and they say they sometimes sell out in 1 day. We have 2 out of 10 girls who are laying (they are 20 weeks old). I'm nervous about asking friends to pay for our eggs once all 10 girls get up and running.

There's a store in town here that sells a GMO-free eggs for $6 a dozen and they say they sometimes sell out in 1 day. We have 2 out of 10 girls who are laying (they are 20 weeks old). I'm nervous about asking friends to pay for our eggs once all 10 girls get up and running.

I sell my eggs for $2.00/doz. I sell the small eggs for $2.00/18pk. I usually sell them for $2.50/doz but the price of feed has gone down some and I was given about 600 new plastic cartons. Originally I sold my eggs in recycled cartons. I usually buy cartons but I also sell eggs to a friend to sell in his meat market. I use new cartons for the eggs my friend buys to sell to his customers. All of the eggs get washed and put into cartons and into a cooler. If you have excess eggs most food pantries will take them. Maybe your neighbors will buy them. I put some signs out and my DH said I was dreaming that no one was going to come up and buy eggs. He was surprised. We have a lot of regular customers. We had so many people wanting to buy fresh eggs we expanded our flock. We have 9 coops and a couple of holding pens. We do hatch our own chicks in the spring and the excess cockerels and pullets we decide not to keep go into the holding pens. We have regular customers that buy our excess birds to resell and it helps pay for the feed. Whatever you decide to do good luck and have fun...

Back
Top Bottom