Do you sell your eggs?

chickmomma30

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
Odessa MO
If you sell your eggs how much do you sell them for? My hens are really getin into layin now. If i am lucky i wil have 2 dozen a day on a good day. I will need to sell some of my eggs. I was wondering what good farm fresh eggs go for.
THank you all for your help.

It was always my plan to, but right now I'm only getting about 5 eggs a day and just giving away dozens to my friends and neighbors. Fresh eggs go for about $5 a dozen here but I wouldn't feel right charging that much. Knowing me, I'll probably just keep giving them away. I know plenty of families who could really use some extra help
smile.png

As my chickens aren't laying yet, I buy mine from a friend for 2.00 a dozen. I can get them from the farmer's market for $3 - $3.50 a dozen, and they always run out before the end of market.

We always sell out of our extra eggs at $4 a dozen either at the farmers market or at our sons pre-school. It seems like people really go crazy for natural, fresh eggs.

It depends on the area you live in, and what the store sells them for. Here I could get $4-$5/dozen. But I only ask $3.50, and never have a problem with extra eggs. Never even advertised, and I sell 7 dozen a week now.

Back
Top Bottom