1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Do you sell your eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickmomma30, Sep 16, 2008.

1. chickmomma30

chickmomma30 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2008
    Odessa MO
    If you sell your eggs how much do you sell them for? My hens are really getin into layin now. If i am lucky i wil have 2 dozen a day on a good day. I will need to sell some of my eggs. I was wondering what good farm fresh eggs go for.
    THank you all for your help.

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    $2.50 a dozen, have been just selling extra to some friends, and match store price.

3. geoaware

geoaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Southern Maine
    I sell ours at $3 a dozen. People in our local 'city' seem to be willing to pay more for real eggs.

4. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    I sell mine for $3/doz to regular folks and free to my boss, buddies, and kinfolk.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We arent at that point yet but hopefuly when we are we will sel them for $3/dz

6. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    It was always my plan to, but right now I'm only getting about 5 eggs a day and just giving away dozens to my friends and neighbors. Fresh eggs go for about $5 a dozen here but I wouldn't feel right charging that much. Knowing me, I'll probably just keep giving them away. I know plenty of families who could really use some extra help [​IMG]

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

As my chickens aren't laying yet, I buy mine from a friend for 2.00 a dozen. I can get them from the farmer's market for $3 - $3.50 a dozen, and they always run out before the end of market.

8. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:I must have been shopping at the wrong stand at the farmer's market! For XL eggs I was paying $5.50. [​IMG]

9. Jashdon

Jashdon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Snohomish, WA
    We always sell out of our extra eggs at $4 a dozen either at the farmers market or at our sons pre-school. It seems like people really go crazy for natural, fresh eggs.

10. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    It depends on the area you live in, and what the store sells them for. Here I could get $4-$5/dozen. But I only ask $3.50, and never have a problem with extra eggs. Never even advertised, and I sell 7 dozen a week now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by