Do you sell your meat birds

greyfields, sounds like a very nice set-up for a farmers market. I envy you for that. The ones we have right around here are in the same place every saturday, but you have to go in and set up a tent every saturday morning.

I have always thought about and considered setting up a small roadside stand of some sort that I could sell out of on a permanant basis and have the coolers and all on location. I could do my chickens, eggs, and seasonal veggies from it.

Now that this will be a full time occupation for me, I might have to persue that thought a little more.

Thanks for all your input, I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know what the Rules and Regulations on Farm processed poultry is in South Carolina? I've searched the SCDA site and can find nothing except a referal to Clemson about meat and poultry inspection.

Pick up your phone and call your extension agent. They get asked these questions every week ever since the Joe Salatin books came out. Ours even has a pamphlet they just hand you whne you pose the question.

Wow. I have an official CUSTOMER. We even agreed on a price. Now she's going to decide how many to preorder and get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom