Do you SMOKE and want to GIVE UP ?????

Quote:
YEAHHHHHHHHH...............

And I like your tapering off idea. I KNOW I can't jsut throw them away. I can't count the number of times I have "quit" onl to start back as soon as I realized the store up the road was about to close for the night and I would PANIC!!!

I'm a success story. I started smoking when I was 9 (yes, NINE) years old. In '03, I was going in for a hysterectomy. I was advised by the anesthesiologist NOT to smoke after dinner the night before surgery.

I'd decided that was the year for me to get healthy. Have my surgery, lose some weight, and quit smoking. 2 outta 3 ain't bad, right? LOL I have lost 20 of the 30 pounds I put on after surgery.

I quit cold-turkey. Still can't believe it. I'd tried to quit SO many times before. It was ugly. #1 DS even offered to go buy cigarettes for me once when he was about 14. Then, when I DO quit, it's cold turkey.

If I can quit, so can you!!

I still miss it sometimes, but I'm glad I don't smoke.

Quote:
YEAHHHHHHHHH...............

And I like your tapering off idea. I KNOW I can't jsut throw them away. I can't count the number of times I have "quit" onl to start back as soon as I realized the store up the road was about to close for the night and I would PANIC!!!

Ohh I sooooo understand where your coming from on that one......

YEAHHHHHHHHH

I stopped smoking at 23, started again at 25. At thirty I decided I was really quiting. I've had cigarette since then ( 4 years ago), but have somehow managed to not start the actual smoking again. I still have a pack of cigs I bought last xmas. When I find myself in a desperate spot, I convince myself to wait just a minute or two (I have cigs, after all). After 5-10 min, I'm on to something else and have forgotten about smoking, hopefully. It's worked for awhile, but I'm convinced you never "quit" smoking. It's just too good.

Quote:
Well done you!! They also say that your skin tone improves when you stop is this true?

Hmmmm.... I can't really say. I'm just a guy I dont notice things like that. LOL;)

Quote:
I didn't know you have asthma, Mark.
hugs.gif
So you know what I am going through all the time with my youngest son. I just want to add that I have NEVER (not even once) smoked indoors or where the smoke was near my kids and I even quit while pregnant. Just couldn't stay that way.
sad.png
And yes, I even go outside to smoke when it is THIS COLD!!!!

Yea i was born with it but i have the upper hand on it ( not ) vise versa!
smile.png

Oh i know you would never do something like that.. that's why i bet it's getting to you because smoking in the freezing cold i've hear isn't very fun at all Lol

i still try to help my brothers and them to quit i can get them off it for a few months until they go back around there old friends and start again...lol

but come Jan 1st i am here as the ( Spirit lifter! ) i can take all kinds of mood swings so i am good LOL

Thanks redhen i try my best to make everyone happy
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom