Do you SMOKE and want to GIVE UP ?????

English Chick

English Mum
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Cheshire UK
I smoke, I do so enjoy my cigarettes, but I do want to give up in the New Year - I need to desperately. I am one of those people who would rather have a cigarette than a meal! I smoke 20 a day, not good for the health or the pocket (cigs are £5.20 per packet here - well the brand I smoke anyway) I am not going cold turkey on this one, but I intend to wean myself off over a three month period (I have smoked since I was 17 - now 55, a lot of years to just stop) So is there anyone out there wanting to join me in quitting, gettting healthier and just plain supporting each other in the quest for breath? We can DO THIS, we can STOP, and hopefully we SHOULD be able to do it over three months.....

Come on you smokers...you know you want to...........

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! I have quit a million times. Well.....here I am still smoking. I am 38, have smoked for 22 years (18 of those every day). I am a little under a pack a day and I want to quit so bad!!!!

I, like you, would rather have a cigarette than food. I love them very, very much!!!!

My Grandfather had smoked all his life and stopped in his 70's..so it can be done. Good luck to you, I hope you are successful.

smile.png

I can help you both!
smile.png

i am the only one that doesn't smoke in my family well me and my mom doesn't but i have been ask if i wanted one who knows how many times LOL

i can't smoke because i have asthma and i am allergic to smoke
smile.png

but i always love helping those who want to quit ..
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Best of luck to you, I will be rooting for you. I know several people in their 50's and 60's who have quit their lifetime habit and it can be done! You can do it!!!

One of my friends who quit swears by Accupuncture - she said it really stopped her cravings. It might be worth trying.

Last edited:
Quote:
i just have to say..i have read a few of your posts..and you really seem like such a nice young man!....
thumbsup.gif

I smoked for 8 years. I quit cold turkey September 13 of this year. I've been cigarette free for over 3 months now.
big_smile.png
I breath so much better now. And after the first couple of weeks it gets much easier.

OK - January 1st is the big day!...and I intend to reduce my intake by 5 a day the first week...I will work out a programme properly between now and then...so get on board, all those joining the quit campaign I will PM on 1st January...

WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!! say yeahhhhhh.....yeahhhhh

Quote:
I didn't know you have asthma, Mark.
hugs.gif
So you know what I am going through all the time with my youngest son. I just want to add that I have NEVER (not even once) smoked indoors or where the smoke was near my kids and I even quit while pregnant. Just couldn't stay that way.
sad.png
And yes, I even go outside to smoke when it is THIS COLD!!!!

Back
Top Bottom