Saying good bye to these forums

wamtazlady

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 18, 2013
Kalispell MT
My flock has found a new home with a lovely young family. I hope the family will enjoy my pets.

I'm 72. Have COPD so can not breathe in the cold Montana weather. I've had to count on others to feed and water the chickens during the cold winter. This summer they also had to help me more as we had so much smoke in the valley. I would worry when I couldn't check the girls regularly. Depending on others to tend my pets is not something I enjoy. I'm planning on moving to another state in the spring. It seemed the time was right to give up having chickens. I had dreamed of having chickens for 40 years before I got them. How I have enjoyed reading these forums and learning how to take care of them as well as I could possibly do. The birds lived a better life due to the lessons I learned here.

Most of all I want to say Thank You for the forums and all the wonderful people who share here.

My flock has found a new home with a lovely young family. I hope the family will enjoy my pets.

I'm 72. Have COPD so can not breathe in the cold Montana weather. I've had to count on others to feed and water the chickens during the cold winter. This summer they also had to help me more as we had so much smoke in the valley. I would worry when I couldn't check the girls regularly. Depending on others to tend my pets is not something I enjoy. I'm planning on moving to another state in the spring. It seemed the time was right to give up having chickens. I had dreamed of having chickens for 40 years before I got them. How I have enjoyed reading these forums and learning how to take care of them as well as I could possibly do. The birds lived a better life due to the lessons I learned here.

Most of all I want to say Thank You for the forums and all the wonderful people who share here.

Like @chrissynemetz said, you don't have to leave here. There are so many other threads and forums on here, like The Old Folks Home. I'm in there, and others that have nothing really to do with chickens necessarily.

Maybe you'll find a warmer place to live where you could have just a couple hens in a coop close to the back door so you still have your "hobby" and pets and eggs. :hugs Best of luck to you wherever you go! 🤗:love

Some days are better.jpg

Back
Top Bottom