Do you talk too much about chickens?

BYC is a life!!
smile.png

And there are other things to talk about on here, cuz people wonder how I can spend hours talking with 35,000 people about chickens.

Way back in the day, not too far back though, chickens running around your yard and house meant you were a hillbilly or something.
Now, I have seen, that I am normal!!
lau.gif

I am no longer thought of as weird because I brought pics of my chickens to work!!

ya.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
lol.png
I'm sure they do!

My husband is tired of hearing about the chickens....just wait until the new babies come in a couple weeks!
I only have 7 right now, so saying goodnight to each one by name (I sure do) doesn't take too long, Once I'm up to 20, I might have to cut it down.
wink.png

My dh got tired of hearing about the chickens and so did my kids
hu.gif

but the funny thing now is when friends come over it is now my dh that starts talking about them and then he's off to show them off
lau.gif

did I corrupt him
hide.gif

Hi! I really DON'T talk about them unless someone asks.
If a non-chicken-person asks "so how're your chickens", I usually just say "The chickens're fine, just fine".
I know they are just asking to be polite and don't care a whit about the details of last weeks' hatch, that I just hatched the the next generation of a most incredible cross, or that I butchered roosters yesterday.
Same as if I ask, "so how're your kids doing?"
--- I didn't ask because I wanted to hear the details of little Jr's potty-training.

If I'm talking with a fellow chicken enthusiast, then it's a different story.

smile.png

Lisa

Last edited:
I guess I do talk chickens too much, every time my sister shows up, I am on the chicken forum. I reluctantly say, ok, guess I'll get off the chicken forum, then I post a few more things, read a few more things, she comes in to check if I've gotten off, and I say ok, this time I am really getting off, for reals!!

gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Lisa has a point. I don't evangelize over their benefits like I used to - thats another windmill I stopped tilting at.
But if they ask or the subject comes up... then I'm the go-to guy.

Last edited:
LOL On here I do.

When away from BYC I talk too much about horses. My husband says "all you do is live, eat, breathe horses!" I have to remind him... I don't eat horses silly
wink.png

Mostly my BF has to hear about them non stop..he pretends to listen while watching t.v.

When I'm at family get togethers I do it too. My sister will say the other day my son did this and that and, then I'm like that reminds me of what (insert chicken name) did the other day. I always work my chicken stories in there. Then she responds: I can't believe you have chickens that's just wierd...I just laugh and say I'm thinking of getting some ducks..

Also my nieces and nephews love to come visit the chickens so she is forced to have to see them too
smile.png

But no one has said (to my face) you talk too much about chickens

Back
Top Bottom