Do YOU Think He Has a Chance at a Show?? Barred Rock!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
I think age is definitely going to hinder him, but he is entered into a poultry show on March 27-28, 2009. He is 5 months old.

Do you think I should even get my hopes up? I mean, I know exhibition Barred Plymouth Rocks are rare, but still...I'd hate to get them up only to be dashed. Oh...he stands NO chance against a White Plymouth Rock! LOL!

Mikaela134.jpg

Any comments are appreciated! Positive, negative, etc.

Last edited:
I bet he would score well on Colour, I wish I had a barred rock with such wonderful markings!!!! *drool*
Now thats what they are supposed to look like!!

His age and the brown on the beak probably will make him loose points, the beak can still clear up within the next year though.

Still a wonderful specimen of a Barred Plymouth Rock!

He has nice legs too
big_smile.png
He isnt posing very well there
wink.png
Too bad his comb isnt very developed, but maybe the judge will take that into consideration for his age.

Rodriquez, you know I know absolutely nothing about chicken breeds (except maybe for brahmas). Still even my untrained eye can see that he's gorgeous!
I'll be keeping my fingers for him
fl.gif

And if he doesn't win, he can come home with me.....yeah right! Like his majesty Thor would allow that.
gig.gif

He does have the proper coloring for SQ br, it's just his age that's going to get him. He's got a few too many points on his comb, but it's not too big of a deal in comparison to the rest of the bird. I'd say bring him anyway
smile.png

I would be interested in feed back on him. I think he is beautiful and my second favorite kind. None of mine look even close to having his markings. Take him and have fun! At the end of the day he will still love you win or lose
love.gif

He looks like one of those roosters that isn't going to be ready to show until they are at least a cock. He's way too young looking still, sorry!

But He has crisp barring, in another 5 months maybe he'll look more filled out.

It is worth showing him just for his beautiful barring. Very nice. Post us a pic when he is a little older as well--about 9 months old-- would love to see him later. What is his weight?

Back
Top Bottom