Do you think it's rude....

alaskachick wrote:
I think what bothers me more that people who park in the Handicapped zones are the family members of the handicapped patron who are just using the car and because they have the blue handicapped tap or plate they think they can park in a handicapped space. I see teenagers parked in these spaces who are out driving mom or dads car, or borrowed the tag and placed it on their windshield just so that they can park in handicapped zones at the theate so they can be first in and first out. That ticks me off.

How do you know if the teenager is not handicapped? With my MS I look normal but if I walk to far in the heat I get flare ups and it can get to the point I can't walk. So if I park up close I don't get overheated and then my disability doesn't flare up. Maybe that teenager has MS,heart condition or something like that.​

Quote:
I so agree. My FIL had handicapped plates because he had emphysema and used O2. When he was unable to drive anymore and I had to take him places he used to get upset that I didn't use his car and park in a HC spot. I always dropped him and my MIL (who couldn't drive) by the door and found a parking spot. I always told him I've got 2 perfectly good legs and there was no reason for me to use a spot needed by someone else.

Not rude at all. What's rude is parking in a handicap spot, even when you have a tag, but don't NEED it. I have a tag for my wheelchair confined brother and I will NOT park in a blue spot unless he is with me. That being said, I've contemplated carrying "window chalk" with me and writing a message real big on the windows of people like this.

Well we stopped at Jack in the Crack for a bite after the Farmers Market (irony there)...

We had to park way in the back, no problem but it was kinda warm. Anywho, about the time we sit with our food a Jeep Liberty (excellent turning radius I've heard) whips into the lot and parks right smack centered between the handicap spot and the one regular one that had opened up (since we got there)... right smack in the middle. Now this lady has handicap tags, she could have parked in one handicap spot... could have parked over the painted stripey bit (about 3' worth) between the two H spots... but NOooo she had to take up the one decent spot the rest of us can use too... then she hops out of her vehicle, struts herself to the lobby, orders a huge meal, paid for out of her Coach purse I might add, and gives everyone a nasty look... this from the woman in a stained shirt that didn't even fully cover her gut.

People like that, there is no use trying to educate. Eventually the courts will, one hopes, but a plain ol' citizen isn't going to make a dent in that kind of ego. I pointed out the infraction to the kids, and WHY it's a law (Gran could have died with her lungs if she'd have had to hike from where we parked for instance, hence her H tags). THEY know the law, the whys, and will hopefully respect it when the time comes. That's the most positive thing I can do.

But, for folks who park there without tags, or park in the bus zone (making it impossible for the buses to get in to get their kids so they sit there idling blocking the only route in for parents until the jackbum moves) well for THOSE I have no problem very loudly commenting to whoever is next to me on the rudeness of people who do that and that I did see a cruiser on my way in....

Actually, we've had cops come specifically for this purpose... what was INSANE is that they hassled two moms who were totally in the gray (gray meaning NO paint of any kind on the curb/safe to park there) but the ones that blatantly parked in the yellow zone they just totally let fly... sooo that was some tax dollars wasted.
hmm.png

My gripe is with those bozos that pull into the store parking lot and then sit there in their cars waiting for a parking spot to open up by the door. The whole rest of the lot is empty, and cars are all backed up in the street waiting to get into the lot. Then they wonder why someone keys their car.

For what it is worth, it is now legal for people to carry concealed weapons in the state of Arizona. I expect people to be a lot more civil to one another now.

Rufus

Quote:
I so agree. My FIL had handicapped plates because he had emphysema and used O2. When he was unable to drive anymore and I had to take him places he used to get upset that I didn't use his car and park in a HC spot. I always dropped him and my MIL (who couldn't drive) by the door and found a parking spot. I always told him I've got 2 perfectly good legs and there was no reason for me to use a spot needed by someone else.

Alternatively, what if he had needed assistance walking in?

Quote:

Alternatively, what if he had needed assistance walking in?

My MIL was there for that. She just wasn't able to drive.

Quote:
I chewed 2 of these out yesterday. One at Target the other at WalMart.
AND no matter how sick you feel, you park in a HC space without a placard/tag, the fines the same. I feel along with the fine the guilty parker should be hobbled and forced to park in the farthest corner of parking lots for a year. FIRST OFFENSE
Second offense ..................nuetering sounds just.
big_smile.png

I barely recognized HC parking before I needed it. Thought it was such a waste of space. Those ##&@#% lazy people! Now I are one. And I turn everyone I catch in. Downright militant about it.
DW could use it easily. But she chooses not to cheat. The only time one of our vehicles is in HC parking is if I'm in it too. And I'll give it up if I see someone worse off than myself looking for a spot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom