Do you think these folks are guilty of duck theft?

pips&peeps :

I think they will probably get off since they are part of the HOA. Which technically means they had partial ownership.

Bummer deal they couldn't work something out to keep the ducks out.

That probably depends on how ownership is setup. I have no idea how it is in Florida, but here in Az, in a planned community the HOA owns property; if, instead the members own the property, it is a condominium. An interesting bit of trivia since I technically live in a condominium. I find it hilarious, but a few of the other members are a bit outraged. The original developers made a mistake in platting the land and writing the original document (you can find that in hte minutes of the 1st year). They tried to rectify it by changing the paperwork to reflect that the association owns all our common areas. Unfortunately, properties had already been sold and deeded their ownership interest in the common area, so making that change was disallowed.​

I'm sure some people would have wanted something harsher, but that's all the law would allow, I'm sure.

It sounds like the couple may have been hard to please because the HOA or whatever community organization, tried to give them a deal and work with them, but they wanted to do things their own way.

Back
Top Bottom