Do your chickens talk to you?

Quote:
And never put the toilet seat down?
barnie.gif

Oh YES I have conversations with my chickens, horses, dogs, cats and koi. I talk to my rose bushes and other plants too, but they are a silent group.
smile.png

Some nights when I go out to check on the girls, (after they've gotten into 'their' spot on the roust, and the usually beckering that goes along with settling in is over and the flock is quiet) I sing to them, the way you'd sing a gentle song to a baby. Some of the girls will coo a little, cock their heads, shift slightly, then everybody gets very still, as if they are listening intently.
Then it's "good night ladies", I leave their night light on, and back to the house I go. : )

One of the BR's sat on the arm of my chair in the run this evening. She was very serious, telling me a long sad tale OR maybe I misunderstood and she was telling me that she laid the small, pale brown egg I found with the blue EE egg. I wish I had paid more attention during Chicken Talk 101
th.gif

Oh they talk...Old biddy hens love to complain.....
wink.png
Some gossip, some try to smooze you..... Yep chicken language is quite entertaining....
I will admit to talking to the chickens.. (Even a bawk bawk out of me to call my fav hen over to a worm or something I dug up..
smile.png
)

The roosters.. Are helping train my boys.. I tell them if they make the roosters crow they are playing to loud or fighting... Know they know they are in "trouble" if they get the roosters crowing..
gig.gif

Oh yes, also the roosters are responsible for letting us know when some one is coming down the drive way.. Yep watch chickens they are...

ON

Boo-Boo's Mama :

One of the BR's sat on the arm of my chair in the run this evening. She was very serious, telling me a long sad tale OR maybe I misunderstood and she was telling me that she laid the small, pale brown egg I found with the blue EE egg. I wish I had paid more attention during Chicken Talk 101
th.gif

yuckyuck.gif

I also talk to my girls. I'm in therapy but they just don't understand, Lol. No really my girls let me know everything that went on when I was at work. I also talk to all my other animals. I really think everybody listens but the horses, I'm on permanent ignore with them. The only one that really talks back is my one eyed roo. When I throw treats out he comes running up yelling "here I am" and then he does this kamikaze grab and run. It is real funny.
Oh yea my cat is always screaming at me. I don't think I did anything wrong.
hu.gif
He's part Siamese though.

My husband and I have never laughed so hard at the stories of what chickens are saying around the country. Ours are only 3 months old and we could swear the roo was saying, "bawk, bawk, bawk, whaaaat?" But we let him watch "Psych" so maybe he picked it up from that. The girls are just into "burrr" so far, but my little Henrietta and I are getting a pretty good relationship going. I protect her form the other Alpha hens and I think she appreciates it.

Many in our neighborhood have flocks, so the mornings are filled with the crowing of roos every which way.

Thanks for the laughs everyone!

Back
Top Bottom