Do your chickens talk?

Chicken sounds are fun. :p
I especially love the trilling sound which features when a cause for alarm is perceived.

Silva is quiet and soft-spoken when she does make use of her vocal chords (we think she's either slow or very, very smart).
Trotsky whines. Sta- Peach whines louder. Whenever we hear complaints flying from the vicinity of the chicken coop it's usually Peach. Trotsky thinks it's cool and has a comically arrogant demeanour. But it's right at the bottom of the pecking order. :p

I also love their heads when they are alarmed lol. All heads pop up and turn in the same direction.

We have more than just chickens and it seems that yes they do talk. It's hilarious listen to all their funny little chitters

Chicken sounds are fun. :p
I especially love the trilling sound which features when a cause for alarm is perceived.

Silva is quiet and soft-spoken when she does make use of her vocal chords (we think she's either slow or very, very smart).
Trotsky whines. Sta- Peach whines louder. Whenever we hear complaints flying from the vicinity of the chicken coop it's usually Peach. Trotsky thinks it's cool and has a comically arrogant demeanour. But it's right at the bottom of the pecking order. :p

I also love their heads when they are alarmed lol. All heads pop up and turn in the same direction.

And the necks extend slowly, occasionally retracting just to stretch out in another direction, even though the body remains fixed in position and the eye continues staring in the same direction. :p

I've only had chickens for four months and I'm amazed at all the different vocalizations they have. My favorite has to be Henrietta's flock call. Twice a day she will call the flock back together and she sounds like a barking dog. She is a barred rock. I have a RIR that can make a horrible racket when she wants treats. I think she is part rooster. Lucinda makes a gabbling noise when she wants attention from me. She's an isa and super friendly. Its fun figuring out what all the different noises mean.
Omggggg I have a Henrietta too
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png

Omggggg I have a Henrietta too
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png
1f631.png

It was the first name I picked. I wouldn't give it to any of the birds till I decided who had a Henrietta personality. One of my barred rocks was the first out of the coop, the first out of the run, and the first to jump the fence. I decided she had to be my Henrietta lol.

It was the first name I picked. I wouldn't give it to any of the birds till I decided who had a Henrietta personality. One of my barred rocks was the first out of the coop, the first out of the run, and the first to jump the fence. I decided she had to be my Henrietta lol.
My Henrietta is very kind and she's an americauna. She's good with baby chicks, and she's my dominant chicken. My others are Sophia, Suzy and King Louie
1f496.png
1f618.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

My Henrietta is very kind and she's an americauna. She's good with baby chicks, and she's my dominant chicken. My others are Sophia, Suzy and King Louie
1f496.png
1f618.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

My name is Susie. That is now my favorite of your chickens lol. I have Henrietta, Claudette, Lucinda, Scarlet, Rosetta, Amelia, and Cleo. Monday I'm adding Lillianna, Isabel, and Petunia.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom