Does ADVANTIX Even Work??!!!

Quote:
Correct but for many parts of the country frontline does not work at all anymore. I tried explaining this to my FORMER vet but then her vet tech told me that I must not know how to put it on correctly and that I needed to clean my house...

Quote:
Correct but for many parts of the country frontline does not work at all anymore. I tried explaining this to my FORMER vet but then her vet tech told me that I must not know how to put it on correctly and that I needed to clean my house...

I used Frontline plus for years but last year it quit working. The girl at the pet supply place said it doesn't work here anymore.

Last year fleas got in my house and it was a nightmare.
somad.gif

I just recently bought Frontline II and I hope it works for me. I buy the one for the largest size dogs and that helps me save money as I have 7 housedogs.
cool.png

for those of you that say that FrontLine and Advantix washes off when you bathe, you need to look for the shampoos that are safe to use that do not rinse out the chemical you are choosing to use. also, do not apply either FrontLine or Advantix right after a bath. you need to let the dog naturally regain the oils in the fur and skin a couple days after the bath, so it helps to stick to the spot you are applying it to.

i know right now for me FrontLine hasn't been very effective in keeping the ticks off my dog. it was more effective with keeping fleas at bay when i first got my kitten and he had them when i was told he was flea free! i haven't bought the Advantix for this season to switch over to for this month. i found switching back and forth last year was more effective than sticking to just one solution. also, getting my chickens out to their summer coop really helps with the tick population and getting all the leaf litter cleaned up kept them from having hiding spots in my yard!

Frontline does not work on the East Coast anymore, from FL to MD at least. We recommend the Zodiac spot on to our clients (I'm a groomer) or Comfortis. I use Comfortis as needed. As far as ticks, guineas and chickens are a god send! On my outside dogs I spray them once a week or so with the absorbine fly spray in the black bottle. I rarely see a tick any more on my dogs.

lol.png

Thanks for the info, everyone!
Where can i get the preventic collars at? Vets office? petco? Walmart?

And..can i use the collar WITH the Advantix or frontline meds? Or will i overdose the dog??

Last edited:
I just started using Permethrin concentrate. I got it at the feed store. Pretty evil stuff. Even kills mange mites. It says to dip the dog in it drench him and let the dog dry. I am gonna try it. I used it on my buck goat so far......different strengths for different animals. The dog is the strongest strength. Stronger then a horses. You can use it on everything bedding, shelters, kills bed bugs, lice, hornets, wasps.

Sounds like a very good product that is inexpensive. Byc user (glen) said that they have heard good things about it but have not used it yet.

I second Permethrin. I have three giant dogs (Komondors and Caucasian Mountain Dog). I started out using over the counter flea products. None of it worked well. I was wasting money like crazy. Then, I switched to Durvet Permethrin. And dogs are now flea free. I spray them weekly. I also their hangout areas with Permethrin. I also use Tengurd SFR.

Quote:

We had a crazy flea infestation this spring... The drops we were using were NOT working.
Tried Frontline.. had to send it back after 2 weeks and no change at all. I had fleas getting in my bed at night
barnie.gif

Yeah.. we know how to put the stuff on, and my mom used to be a vet tech.

We did a ton of vaccuming, laundry, flea baths (not within a few days of a bath), flea drops... still had fleas hopping onto MEEEE!!
barnie.gif
hit.gif

So then I spent another huge chunk of my change... and ordered from Petmeds. Got.. Advantix, Capstar, and Bio-Spot Carpet Spray ($20 per can).

The Capstar worked great! It killed every last flea off the dogs.. and any who got on the dog were having spastic fits of death within an hour.. I watched with glee! Heeeheeeheee!
celebrate.gif

The Bio-Spot Carpet Spray worked fabulously! It is safe once dry.. contains Nylar.. and? Premetherin? An insecticide anyway. After doing my bedding every other day.. I spray it all over the top of my blanket.. that way I'm not laying in it... and anything that dared to jump off the dog and onto my bed.. or from the carpet (trying to get away from the spray there) onto my bed... died a wriggling, thrashing death within a few minutes!
wee.gif

The Advantix... isen't working worth a hoot. The Advantix we got is supposed to also repel fleas so they don't even get on... but the dogs are bringing fleas inside with them from being outdoors... and the darn things stay alive until we give the dog another Capstar (supposed to be safe to use together).

So I'm going to get a refund for the Advantix too now. The good thing about Petmeds is that you can get a refund for things that dont work, no fuss, no delay. I just wrote them asking for what else to try and they sent me my money back in 15 minutes.

I know I am getting more of that carpet stuff... It's the only thing I can use to protect MEEE! More of the Capstar too.

I have no idea what to use for a 'preventative' now though... Nothing is 'preventing' and we've tried the 4 top rated brands.. which is about all there is!
Grrrrrrrrr! Grrrrrrr!
barnie.gif
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom