Does any one like there ROOS?

ShellyBear

Songster
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
I have had chicken before two and of course there had to be roosters. I don't necessary like my roos from the crowing to the harassment towards the hens and the aggressiveness to me. Though I kept him for some reason maybe for breeding or how pretty he looked. I really don't know but I had more than one roo and they weren't all mean some of them even snuggles with me. I don't have any pics of my roosters but I will show you what they look like from another pic.
sebright_chickens_sebright_fb552d9e
Studio_GldnSbrightCk_363_M.jpg
partridge_cochin_bantam_rooster2.jpg
5388615_f260.jpg
rhode-island-red-chicken-0007.jpg

I get your point I think I got rid of the mean ones, and kept the nice ones I don't mind roosters but there not my favorite.

Aw your so lucky to tell you the truth I have a cochin roo and I keep giving him food but he always hands it over to the girls.

We love our little guy! Mottled Cochin Bantam. He is extremely nice but seems a little daft, lol.

I love my Roo's....I have eight adult Roo's....and they have all been handled by me from day one.....they live in harmony for the most part..occasionally there is a little conflict between a couple of them..usually in the Spring..I guess it is when a young mans fancy turns to love....they each have their own girls that they look after....they feed and protect their flocks...

Luckily I live in the middle of nowhere....so their crowing does not annoy any neighbours....they crow in turns...I find it amusing...I even know their individual sounds when they crow..their "alarm" crow is incredible...whenever a wild bird flies over they will shriek out to the girls to run for cover...

I could not be without a Roo....

True, my roo loves his 18 girls. He will be very protective of the hens and always gives them his food, I almost feel like the hens are being spoiled. The funny part is he is a bantam cochin roo, and he tries to breed the ester egger girls that are 5 times his size. I still wonder how he gets on top of them. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom