Does anybody get FLACK from Family and Friends for having Chickens?

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
I'm tired of being teased about having chickens...
it's borderline harassment now!
hit.gif

Some can be truly rude!! :thun
I actually cried about it today! Thinking about quitting a job over it!! Bunch of jerks....wish they could hear how ignorant they SOUND!
smack.gif

Last edited:
Yes, I still get crap over it and I don't care. I said if you can't say anything nice to me about it say nothing. I don't say anything about your {insert stupid hobby here} do I?

Arklady

Just ignore them. Most of the time people do that just to get on your nerves or try to get you to live the way that they want you to live. Usually if you just brush it of and keep going they will eventually get bored and not bother you anymore. I hope things get better!
hugs.gif

I get the occassional chuckle, but then I get the "hey if you have any extra eggs....." shortly after that. My family, who was in the chicken business, before my time, thought I had gone a little looney and everyone of them said "have you lost you mind?" But I know my Grandfather is smiling down on me saying, "That a boy!" If you don't let them see that it gets to you they will leave you alone about it and go on to the next person.

It bothers me that people think my chickens are nasty. They ask "do we eat the eggs"? Well, duh! Look at the pictures of the chickens that produce those supermarket eggs! I know my chickens are healthy and are being fed and watered properly. And are in a clean enviroment. And my eggs don't get that nice chemical bath that the grocery one's get. It bothers me!

I have a friend that always makes comments about me and my crazy things I do. I like her anyway..
roll.png
When she asked me for eggs, I told her that they were "dirty little creatures that smell bad and are not worth the work put into them..." I actually got an apology out of her! I did however charge her for the eggs....LOL
lol.png

At first, yes, people thought I was insane. Then they kind of got over it. After a while, that changed to, "If you ever have any extra eggs...?"

My mother was sure I was mad as a hatter/March hare, and then when she saw the baby peeps she was immediately won over by the inexorable force of the cuteness.

Back
Top Bottom