Does anybody have Jersey Giant crosses?

Hi I have 4 jg 1 rooster and 3 hens. I don't plan on crossing them. They are docile and good birds but if I did cross them would the offspring have dark piercing eyes?
That's what I'm wondering...

Alright, for those who stood around long enough to see me go insane due to a lack of seeing some sort hybrid with a Jersey ( which is probably the saddest way to go crazy), the time for selective breeding will commence soon. They will most likely hatch around late October/early November. The hurricane lately is causing me to procrastinate. Afterwards, I tend to release pictures showing the progress of growth of these little mutts.
Thank you for reading and have a nice day

We had a BJG roo for a while (he got aggressive and made a GREAT pollo fundido), but for the period of time we had him he was in with some Production & RIR hens. We hatched out some of the eggs, got mostly boys. Don't have pics, but I can describe them for you if it helps.

The roos were black bodied with a red shawl, grew to their sires size in much shorter time than he did (slaughtered most at 24wks and they were about 5lbs dressed). We kept one to see if the issues would get any better. They didn't, so he ended up being dinner as well at 8mos (he was just slightly larger than his sire was at nearly 1.5yrs old).

The hens look like solid black, larger, RIR hens with black eyes, black legs/feet, and black beaks. A little longer to get to POL than the PR/RIRs, but they are nice hens that forage well and lay regularly. At present, they are about the same size as the RIR roo that they're in with (though he's not the largest of RIR roos, he is a very good protector and produces much better than himself in color, size, with the same temperament). They're about 1yr old now.

We had a BJG roo for a while (he got aggressive and made a GREAT pollo fundido), but for the period of time we had him he was in with some Production & RIR hens. We hatched out some of the eggs, got mostly boys. Don't have pics, but I can describe them for you if it helps.

The roos were black bodied with a red shawl, grew to their sires size in much shorter time than he did (slaughtered most at 24wks and they were about 5lbs dressed). We kept one to see if the issues would get any better. They didn't, so he ended up being dinner as well at 8mos (he was just slightly larger than his sire was at nearly 1.5yrs old).

The hens look like solid black, larger, RIR hens with black eyes, black legs/feet, and black beaks. A little longer to get to POL than the PR/RIRs, but they are nice hens that forage well and lay regularly. At present, they are about the same size as the RIR roo that they're in with (though he's not the largest of RIR roos, he is a very good protector and produces much better than himself in color, size, with the same temperament). They're about 1yr old now.
Thank you for this, I had planned on crossing with my rir hen. I had a feeling they would be mostly black, I am hoping mine will have more red in them.

Alright, for those who stood around long enough to see me go insane due to a lack of seeing some sort hybrid with a Jersey ( which is probably the saddest way to go crazy), the time for selective breeding will commence soon. They will most likely hatch around late October/early November. The hurricane lately is causing me to procrastinate. Afterwards, I tend to release pictures showing the progress of growth of these little mutts.
Thank you for reading and have a nice day
OK, well here's the thing. I had gathered much information regarding when I should incubate then eggs, and from what I had gathered I shouldn't hatch pullet eggs. Because of this, I am playing it safe and waiting a few more months.
Sorry........ :(

mix roo over BJG
dark eyes ..
hens were black or blk w/a few red chest feathers
cockerels were a bunch of different colors..below is the only one that looks like
KIMG0001 (2).JPG
that
2 looked like the dad , several were gold laced, some were silver laced... dad is quite a mix I think.

Okay, so I finally breed them, waited 3 1/2 months, now here we go....
JG x Leghorn - Pullet - Mostly white with very little black spots on back and black skin.
JG x Rhode Island Red - Pullet - 90% all black all over. Almost like a Ayam Cemani, but a bit more of a gray face.
JG x Isa Brown - Cockerel - Looked like jersey, but had few whitish lines on neck area.
JG x Cinnamon Queen - Pullet - Again like the rir, 90% black.
Also, the outcomes should be the same with an Australorpe rooster as well, just fyi.
Thanks for reading. Have a good day.

Okay, so I finally breed them, waited 3 1/2 months, now here we go....
JG x Leghorn - Pullet - Mostly white with very little black spots on back and black skin.
JG x Rhode Island Red - Pullet - 90% all black all over. Almost like a Ayam Cemani, but a bit more of a gray face.
JG x Isa Brown - Cockerel - Looked like jersey, but had few whitish lines on neck area.
JG x Cinnamon Queen - Pullet - Again like the rir, 90% black.
Also, the outcomes should be the same with an Australorpe rooster as well, just fyi.
Thanks for reading. Have a good day.
Pictures?

Back
Top Bottom