Does anyone drink almond milk?

Forgot to mention as someone else said, Blue Diamond is the only kind our son will touch, we tried Trader Joe's and a brand at whole foods and he would not touch it.

When you talk about your problems with milk, I am guessing you are talking about store-bought? I can't drink most of the "store-bought" brands (due to the hormones) but I can drink raw milk. A friend can't drink cow milk but can drink goat milk. I've never had almond milk so I'm no help there.

I haven't tried the Almond Milk yet, but have been thinking about trying it. My DS couldn't drink milk when he was younger so they had him try soy, no go, then they tried rice milk, that worked, but super expensive, but it's really good.

I also have lactose problems and have tried Soy, which also messes with me. I've recently tried Almond Milk and found the Vanilla very good for smoothies. The regular isn't bad either because I put frozen strawberries and frozen bananas in a blender with it and it makes a nice breakfast smoothie. I also use it on my cereal. I've done a lot of reading about raw milk and there are many who say that the reason so many folks have lactose problems is that the natural enzymes in the milk that help with the digestion of it are pasturized and homogenized out. Plus the cows that are used for "store bought" milk are fed an "unnatural" diet of corn and other grains rather than grass fed as their systems are meant to process. Unfortunately many states currently forbid the sale of raw milk, but I understand that there is a movement to change that. Here in TN I will have to buy a "share" of a cow to be allowed to purchase the raw milk from said cow. At $100 per share and $6-$7 a gallon, that could be some expensive milk.

I love Almond Dream. I hate milk and drink this instead. It is very good and it is not so heavy as milk and it doesn't leave your teeth all slimy.
sickbyc.gif

I don't like cow's milk (or soy milk),
sickbyc.gif
and I switched to Rice Milk (Rice Dream) about 10 years ago. That was fine, but it is watery. I recently tried almond milk and it is yummy!!
droolin.gif
The vanilla is delicious. I really like Blue Diamond, but Silk Almond Milk is good too. I like how it is creamier like whole cow's milk, so it is great to cook with as well. DH still prefers rice milk, so we keep the half gallon of each in the fridge. The shelf life is longer than cow's milk, so even with only 2 of us in the house (and neither of us drink it straight...I sometimes make a slim fast drink with it though) we have never had an issue with expiration.

I give my silkie chickies almond milk. My two month old love "Silk" Pure Almond milk. Seven chickies can finish eight ounces in about one hour. "Silk" Pure Almond milk is for my silkies!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom