Does anyone else hate their neighbors as much as I do???

Quote:
Stop it you two, HIJACK!
lol.png

Back to the OP- any way you can buddy up with him? I found that a lot of folks get nicer if you ask their advice about something, anything. Makes them feel important and much friendlier.

Steve has come to expect it from me. If I didn't hijack his thread he would wonder what is wrong with me. Besides I gave my input.
tongue2.gif

Back atcha,
tongue2.gif
!

Quote:
Since when are you reasonable??/ This is second reasonable post I have read of yours this morning. Go back to normal before I get concerned.

Stop it you two, HIJACK!
lol.png

Back to the OP- any way you can buddy up with him? I found that a lot of folks get nicer if you ask their advice about something, anything. Makes them feel important and much friendlier.

We tried to be nice by buying them wine for christmas and they never said thank you. Our other neighbor likes the wne. Please dont think that they hate the wine because they used to like it when we first moved in.

Quote:
Since when are you reasonable??/ This is second reasonable post I have read of yours this morning. Go back to normal before I get concerned.

What she said!

Just offer tea and cookies or a cold drink to the poor officials that have to come out on a wild goose chase to inspect. That would probably do you more good than anything.

Quote:

I know! Whats the matter with her! Did she hit her head or something?
hu.gif

Sigh. Neighbors.
hmm.png

Most of mine are okay, though we have one old man who must be the worlds worst busybody or at least in the running for first place.
Some people just cant leave others alone and I doubt you will change him. They get something into their head and dynamite wouldnt blow it out.
I hope you are able to get the 5 acres.

We live in a small town that is very clannish. My husband often talks of moving, but I say 'ain't no body running me out!' Check to be sure you're totally within any local codes, then just wait til your neighbor slips up. I thought officers preferred donuts, but the cookie idea is good.

Quote:

I know! Whats the matter with her! Did she hit her head or something?
hu.gif

sigh... my neighbors took us to zoning court about our "home business" lawncare/landscaping and our burn pile...which was only burned 2-3 times a year and wasn't anything to blink at and the majority of the burn was from our OWN mature trees... but they still caused us trouble and lots of time and frustration.

they even trespassed to get a "better picture".

Most of the neighbors were for us... some didn't even know we ran a business from home. Regardless, I got 150 some signatures on my petition.

Everything passed but I had to go to court and speak on our behalf 3 times before it was all said and done.

It got crazy ridiculous in there. One main zoning guy told my neighbors we were zoned ag. and we were allowed to burn, we were allowed to have a dump truck, trailer, truck, and a mower....he also said, they can have a pig farm there if they want and your complaining about a little bitty burn pile??

...so, I am speaking with words of wisdom because that was a very very trying part of our lives.

I had one small child and if we could not run our business there...but we could... then that was our livelihood so how would we survive?

and all because one neighbor complained when he tried to sell his home... who brought his brush over for 10 years and put on our burn pile (because this is my childhood home and I know what my dad allowed...especially since when i moved in the guy came over after my dad died, and said, he had this deal with my dad where he could bring his brush over and put it in our pile) and that's when another zoning official said, "talk about biting the hand that feeds ya."

and the lady they sold the house to... when i asked her about this... she said, she loved the house and the view from her back sunporch and it had no bearing on buying the house and she loves my family dearly.

sigh... just glad it's over.

and what did i read and pray on during those times? the book of Romans.

Last edited:
My hubby mows our 5+ acres with a .45 strapped in his shoulder harness - we haven't had neighbor trouble again for months.......

Back
Top Bottom