does ANYONE else have a Rural King???

Bush Chickens

Songster
6 Years
I noticed TSC's chick supply kinda stinks.
hmm.png
I know that sounds harsh,but come on,straight run on most actual breeds,and special order chick minimum is 25?! Rural King is awesome
lol.png
I was wondering if anyone else has been blessed with a Rural King

I have two of them within about 25 min from me. I've learned they have a much better variety as well as more knowledge. I called TSC the other day to see what breeds they had and the guy said pullets. I said what breed of pullets or are they just straight run. Reply was "pullets. Oh so and so said pullets are hens." I tried to explain there are different types but kept getting the same answer. Finally told him that if he didn't know anything about them he should have let me talk to someone who did. Today I went to the other TSC right by my house for bedding. Normally it is great but today was horrible. All the bedding was a disaster and they had out a water container in the Bon without the top. I stopped a worker to tell him that there was a dead chicken in the water. He said he would get it. I was there for about an hour and nobody ever touched it. The chicks were pecking at each other and in horrible shape. Guess I will X that one of my list too.
barnie.gif

We have a RK just about 18 miles from us, same town my Real Estate office is in, so its really convenient, and their prices are better than the Bucheit's store which is only about 7 miles from us, although they do have good specials. . .but a chicken coop there, made from inferior material, and a coon could rip it to shreds in very little time, is over $600 for the smaller one and over $800 for the bigger one . . .WOW!!! I have had people with chickens say their flock will not eat the B's chicken feed brand, but love what RK sells . . .so there has to be something to it. I also go to a small family owned feed store for my Alpaca supplies, and he is wonderful ad prices are VERY competitive. Good dog food too, and I love being able to help small family businesses, and I really helped him this winter . . .
th.gif
with all the extra chow I gave the Alpacas!! But RK is by far the best for tires, chickens, medicines and even their food items have good prices on them, and you find things that you don't see in normal grocery stores.

No RK but we have Orschelns and Southern States near by. I think RK is across the stateline in Indiana.
Shelbyville, Owensboro, Powderly, Henderson, Madisonville KY, and Clarksville, Martin, McKenzie TN and over a dozen stores in OH. and several in IL.

We have a RK just about 18 miles from us, same town my Real Estate office is in, so its really convenient, and their prices are better than the Bucheit's store which is only about 7 miles from us, although they do have good specials. . .but a chicken coop there, made from inferior material, and a coon could rip it to shreds in very little time, is over $600 for the smaller one and over $800 for the bigger one . . .WOW!!! I have had people with chickens say their flock will not eat the B's chicken feed brand, but love what RK sells . . .so there has to be something to it. I also go to a small family owned feed store for my Alpaca supplies, and he is wonderful ad prices are VERY competitive. Good dog food too, and I love being able to help small family businesses, and I really helped him this winter . . .
th.gif
with all the extra chow I gave the Alpacas!! But RK is by far the best for tires, chickens, medicines and even their food items have good prices on them, and you find things that you don't see in normal grocery stores.

Iike the the 3 pound box of tortilla chips, very thin and light tasting won't hold much salsa but I tend to over do it so it keeps me in line.

I want a Rural King! I worked at one for about 5 yrs then moved- loved it. I miss it dearly and visit it everytime I visit my parents.

Back
Top Bottom