Does anyone else refer to their inlaws as..

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tonini3059, May 10, 2009.

1. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    My husband sister or my husbands mother? I can't bring myself to say mother in law or sister in law. I just don't consider them my family.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugg. I know what you mean. Though I do refer to her as my MIL just for simplicities sake. [​IMG]

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I call mine by their names

on here it's MIL, SIL, the usuals

4. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    I call them my outlaws, LOL. I actually love & get along with my IL's, which is such a blessing after past marriage. I typically call them by the GP names.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I called mine Mom & Dad. Wish they were still here with us.

6. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I loved my father in law but my husband's mother is a 'whole nother story'! We all call her Grandma....

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yup.....that's what I call mine. When talking to the kids it is "your Dad's mother......" The kids call them Dad's mom and Dad. Ummmmm.....while I actually adore my FIL and my two S'sIL, I can't have them as part of my family until the evil matriarch dies off so they get the same treatment for now.

8. lengel

lengel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    MA
    I frequently refer to MIL as "John's mom" but I don't wear a ring so I have to be explicit in case people don't know that we're even married.

9. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Well when my MIL was alive I just called her by her name but referred to her as hubbys mother and we were friends....hubbys dad died before we married and I never met him, hubby has no brothers and I don't claim his sister for a SIL as she is 1 of those who thinks shes above everyone else.

10. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    We simply don't exist unless they want something. Then my husband will do what ever they ask even if we have plans.
    The most recent event was he called his mom to invite her for dinner, but she could not come because her fiancee was going to cut grass. They live 10 mins away like taking an hour out of your day to see your son whom who haven't seen since jan 1st would kill you. They are always to busy for us, but not his sister!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by