Does anyone else use Molly's Herbal Wormer on their chickens?

I know this is an old stream , so hopefully you are still active on the site. I am waiting for my first shipment of Molly's wormer to use for my chickens, and I am interested to hear about your experience with it. Are you still using it for your chickens, have you noticed a difference in them..their appearance, egg laying, overall general health?
Thanks!

I used the recommended dosing the first time I treated and saw the tapeworm pieces being pooped out dead (normally they're alive for about half an hour). A few weeks later, I noticed live tapes again so I re-treated, doubling the dose. Unfortunately, due to the weather I've been unable to observe whether or not I finally gotthe suckers. The wormwood flavour doesn't come through into the eggs and doubling the dose didn't affect the birds (wormwood in high doses is a psychoactive - think absynthe).

I GOT PROOF that Molly's herbals WORKS!!! So, I may have mentioned that I had to repeat the wormwood but that I doubled the dose... I've also been using the "weekly maintenance mix" monthly... Well, I found a local vet that offered to do some fecals and - guess what - she found NOTHING! Bye-bye, tapeworms!

And I quote the dear old doc: "the worming medications are out to lunch, not safe at all.... so if you've found a good herbal that's obviously working, stay with it. It's much better for you and your chickens."

YES! I have been using for the last year, my three yr old flock has no worms and seven laying hens usually give 5 eggs a day! Great stuff

How much would I use for 22 chickens am interested in trying the Molly's Herbal Wormer

Molly says one tablespoon per 6 average LF chickens. However, for an active infestation I found it wasn't quite enough. If you are seeing worms in the poop, double the dose. So, 2 tbsp per 6 chickens once daily for 3 days.

I don't know what you have for chickens, but 2 banties would equal one regular chicken. Extra-large chickens like roosters or jersey giant hens equal 1.5 regular chickens.

I just purchased this and was wondering if I could mix this into my FF? Or is it better in dry feed or something else? Are there any newer reviews out there on this product? Can't wait to try it.

I just purchased this and was wondering if I could mix this into my FF? Or is it better in dry feed or something else? Are there any newer reviews out there on this product? Can't wait to try it.

I mix it into the dry feed. Molly recommends 1 tbsp per 6 chickens but if you have an active infestation, double the dose. My first time I didn't get them completely but when I re-treated at the double dose I got rid of ALL the worms and their eggs ;)

Thanks, Phoenixxx! Can't wait to try this. I really did not want to go the chemical route. My 10 girls are down to 0-2 eggs a day (13 eggs a week). Don't know 100% sure if there are worms, but they started slowing down a lot in August. Lost 1 Bird in early September, but not sure what it was. Always hard to tell this time of year.

Thanks again.

Using a mix of Contractor sand from Lowes and Diatomaceous Earth from Tractor Supply, 1 Cup DE to 10 Lbs sand, works better that all the rest.

The hens like to select various pebbles in the sand to aid digestion, the DE sticks to the sand and enters the digestive system. DE will not harm the birds and will help eliminate parasites. DE acts like this:> the microscopic properties have ridges that cling to parasites, get to their soft spots and dry up the pests. This is a way DEHYDRATION DEATH works and KILLS organisms such as mites, ants, internal worms and other pests.

Externally, when the birds do their DUST Bath activity and DE is in the soil the DE Elements collect under the feathers and attach to living things and do the same thing Dehydrate any creatures living on the hens.

DE is safe: Humans have mixed DE in water or beverages to eliminate internal parasites for years. I would use a face mask over my nose as the powder is fine and any DE that gets into your nose/lungs can be an irritant for a short period of time. It won't harm you, but briefly make you cough or sneeze if ingested.

DE is not expensive and a 25 lb bag will last for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom