Does anyone else want to smash their waterers?

I use those Black Fortex waterers and they work great but boy, after a very hard freeze, you really hav eto find a concrete to smash them on.

frow.gif
me!! I want to smash mine! Mine is plastic and I have already replaced it once...now the new one is leaking. I guess it's time to change to a metal waterer.
hu.gif

I got tired of those plastic waterers so I put a bucket in with my leghorns . yesterday morning I went out to feed and water and guess what I find in a frozen bucket of water AN EGG!!
barnie.gif
the goofy girl got on top of the bucket laid an egg on the ice and it melted a hole through the ice and fell inside the water !! I believe I am going to go back to my plastic waterer at least they can't lay their eggs in it.

hide.gif
(Humm, should I mention wearing capris to work yesterday or just keep it to myself - just keep it to myself I guess.)
hide.gif

I hear you, I have to fill my waterer more frequently from evaporation when it is in the 80s all week! Sigh!
cool.png

I promise you that hen will lay anywhere but the nest. I went out this morning and one of ameraucanas laid on the ground beside the waterer that egg was froze solid as a rock my dd threw it on the ground and it thumped and bounced like a rock would, went to gather the leghorn eggs and I put them in my pocket they were not cracked when I got them by the time I got back in the house and the egg in my pocket it was froze and cracked open. It was 2 degrees out this morning. they said the wind chill was -18 so I only had 2 frozen eggs today.

Back
Top Bottom