Does ANYONE Have Any Questions About Ducks? Anything can be Asked and Everything Will be Answered.

Who has ducks?

• ME!!!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Thinking about it (good thing to do)!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Pics
I’d give her some liquid calcium or some calcium citrate if you can get her to eat or drink it will help her have contractions to pass that egg if that is what’s going on. Once you get her out of the tub can you put her on a towel wrapped heating pad on lowest setting in a dog crate so she can rest. Hopefully the warmth will help her pass the egg.

Update on Donella- she was eating and drinking when I got back with the heating pad, I got her more food, clean water and a separate bowl of oyster shells. She started chowing down on the oyster shell. Took her out and she still can not stand, but at least she was eating...
Cleaned out the dog carrier and found this! Thank goodness... super soft shelled egg
JPEG_20190224_004124_2385399359838187977.jpg
I'm just glad she passed it and I'll keep y'all updated on her progress.
JPEG_20190224_004906_1828179735091081034.jpg

That is awesome!!! and I don't know why but those soft shells seem to really cause some problems, my Runner was acting off one morning not hanging with the group and laying around. I finally went out and was going to pick her up and see if she was injured or what was going on and When she got up there was a large soft shell, once she got that egg out she was back to normal so hopefully Donella is doing much better this morning.

I just checked on her and gave her fresh water, and she's standing!!! :celebrate:celebrate
I'm gonna check her again to make sure she doesn't have another one, and keep her inside though for the day to make sure she continues to improve, but thank you so much for your help again. At least this time, I wasn't bawling and incoherent when I called. :hugs:hugs

53793423-26BF-4F75-A799-DEDB6C585D8A.jpeg
My question for the day - How long do the physical changes take that are required for a duck to lay her first egg (once that duck is at an appropriate age)? By that, I mean how long does it take for their pelvic bones to shift? I caught “Goon 2” (8.5 month or roughly 38 week old Muscovy hen) this morning as she was in an absolutely horrid mood and was biting her sister’s wings. As I held her, I decided to take a quick feel. Her pelvic bones still have absolutely no space between them. Now, I know I’m being I’m
being impatient, and that both of the girls probably won’t think of laying until at least March, but maybe I hoped she would have made some progress, especially as all ducks are acting ridiculously hormonal and bitchy. So, does the shifting of the pelvic bones take weeks, months, or does it take place during the “labor” process with the first egg? Here’s the duck in question playing in the mud at the beginning of February.

Update on Donella- she was eating and drinking when I got back with the heating pad, I got her more food, clean water and a separate bowl of oyster shells. She started chowing down on the oyster shell. Took her out and she still can not stand, but at least she was eating...
Cleaned out the dog carrier and found this! Thank goodness... super soft shelled egg
View attachment 1682734
I'm just glad she passed it and I'll keep y'all updated on her progress.
View attachment 1682737

Yay Donella! :wee

Honestly I have never felt to see if the pelvic bones have moved. I go by personalities what your seeing is hormonal changes and most likel her body is getting ready but your just going to have to wait for the egg and also let them work out their differences. Wait till one goes broody :lol: I have had to remove them from the main house to solitary confinement at night because they will not leave their sisters alone. Boy can they be hateful.:hmm

She is still breathing through her mouth only. Is it a sign of something else?
Breathing through her mouth is probably just from stress. The less she is stressed, the better she can get. I hope all goes well with her:hugs
Update on Lili. She is still the same. She cant stand and falls to her back. Been giving her her complex and calcium directly in her mouth. She is eating and drinking and eating her peas. (I have to put her up to them). I’m hoping it’s just gonna take a few days or a week or two. What do y’all think?

Back
Top Bottom