Does ANYONE Have Any Questions About Ducks? Anything can be Asked and Everything Will be Answered.

Who has ducks?

• ME!!!

Votes: 45 69.2%
  • Nope!

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Thinking about it (good thing to do)!

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Pics
She is still breathing through her mouth only. Is it a sign of something else?

Update on Lili. She is still the same. She cant stand and falls to her back. Been giving her her complex and calcium directly in her mouth. She is eating and drinking and eating her peas. (I have to put her up to them). I’m hoping it’s just gonna take a few days or a week or two. What do y’all think?
Can you video her and put it on vimeo or YouTube and attach here. If we can see her movements it might help you get a better diagnosis.

@Raenh how is Donella?
I think she's alright, shes still standing and eating and taking baths - I think she told speedy about her own private nesting box, or maybe the vent defilement. Speedy has been Super bitey since I let Donella out and she never bites me hard but shes been trying too! Oh, and she doesn't let me outta her sight when I'm outside, either. The only one im allowed to pick up now without getting bit is sugarbaby lol
Anyhow, its night now, but heres a picture of Donella and the other crazies.
20190225_192400.jpg 20190225_192252.jpg

I think she's alright, shes still standing and eating and taking baths - I think she told speedy about her own private nesting box, or maybe the vent defilement. Speedy has been Super bitey since I let Donella out and she never bites me hard but shes been trying too! Oh, and she doesn't let me outta her sight when I'm outside, either. The only one im allowed to pick up now without getting bit is sugarbaby lol
Anyhow, its night now, but heres a picture of Donella and the other crazies.
View attachment 1684413 View attachment 1684415
I picture a duck in court explaining to a judge where you touched her

No more eggs from her, I'm pretty sure it's just speedy and Isabella laying now. Probably broody hormones is a better explanation for bitey, but even when she went broody before, she chased the girls around but no bitey me.

I picture a duck in court explaining to a judge where you touched her
ROFL - Since I'm actually attending jury duty summons today, that's fitting and hilarious! Donella does seem a bit more tolerant and softer towards me now, though. She was the only one of the twins that really still had that look, but dont touch attitude. Isabella lets me cuddle her a little, but never Donella. I'm a little concerned with Donella's face mask though, it looks orange compared to the others.

No change in Lili eating drinking pooping and I can stand her up, so I don’t think it’s her legs and feet. She just seems to be off balance once she try’s to move. She tries hard to get her self up but can’t. If she gets on her back she will lay there kicking until one of us can turn her over. I had to make a narrow section in the box so she won’t fall. She will stand on her legs and feet until she tries to move. She’s eating and drinking great. She doesn’t even protest with the vitamins (liquid). Only thing is I haven’t heard her make one peep yet. And she was my most talkable duck! She also has not laid an egg all this time. She was my only one laying this winter right up until this episode. She is not egg bound, it is smooth and soft down there unless it is up higher. My daughter in law said it might be worms. I bought some diatomaceous earth. She said that can help but I never used it for that. I always put under new straw when we go to straw their house. My mom says she might have had a stroke. Is it possible?

THAT IS SUCH A HARD QUESTION! My top 3 are: 3. Pekin 2. Runners in general 1. Khaki Campbell (even though I have none they are very interesting). What are your top 3?
Khaki Campbell’s are great layers. I was gifted a male and female duckling last summer after loosing my 5 Saxony birds. I was shocked by how well they could fly though... and NO they are not Mallards. What is really amazing is how quickly the Khaki duck started laying (5 months) .
My Saxony and Pekin ducks took about 8 months.

Back
Top Bottom