Does Anyone Have Bantam Naked Necks/Turkens?

HollyInColorado

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Colorado
I have been looking for some eggs or a started pair/trio of bantam naked necks. They are very hard to find. Does anyone here have any for sale? If not, can anyone tell me how to breed for these little cuties?

Thanks,
Holly

I accidently got a turken when I ordered a special deal thing from mcmurray hatchery. They have them, they are pretty ugly...! I don't know if I have a hen or rooster yet, but it is not a bantam, I wonder if you bred a regular size with a bantam? somewhere down the line you may get results!
I myself want to keep my ugly little chicken, my husband doesn't, but I will continue to plead its case. It already has enough problems.! But, the other chicks don't seem to care, they don't pick at it.

I have ordered from McMurray too and they have put in an extra little surprise for me that was always a welcome addition to my flock.

I, too, was wondering about the turken/bantam cross. I have turken eggs on the way for hatching and I have one self blue OEG hen. I enjoy reading about F2 and F3 breedings and wondered how those breeding plans play out with bantam naked necks.

I hope you do get to keep your naked neck. They are supposedly gentle and do well during the winter.

I just put a pait of bantams together. I have a white roo and a black hen. I'm hoping for fertile eggs. Time will tell......
roll.png

Lynn is correct. I dont have any other girls laying at the moment, apparently when one goes broody, they all have to stop laying.
roll.png
Mine were actually my own cross because I couldnt find any either. I somehow got a NN bantam pullet, but couldnt find a roo so I bred her to an OEGB. I've been crossing them back and have been getting good results. If you like, I could let you know when they start laying again.
big_smile.png

BTW: I have 3 broodies hatching about 30 NN bantam eggs right now, we shall see what I get!

Last edited:
"I somehow got a NN bantam pullet, but couldnt find a roo so I bred her to an OEGB. I've been crossing them back and have been getting good results. "

So, do you think the cross of my OEG hen with a standard naked neck roo will eventually give me the real bantam NN? Is this how they started? Sorry for my lack of knowlege here.
sad.png

I have absolutely no idea,lol. Im by no means a breeder, I just started a project and it turned out ok. I crossed the NN bantam with my OEGB and hatched 5 chicks. 3 of them had naked necks, so I bred the nn roo back to his mother and she hatched 8 chicks, 7 had naked necks. I dont know how well it would work with standard birds, but its worth a try I would say. Its just a luck of the draw thing.

A.P.A. Judge Duane Urch raises Bantam Naked Necks in Red & White. He sells eggs, chicks & mature stock.

He also raises standard naked necks in Red.

His email is [email protected]

He raises over 100 varieties of exhibition poultry.

Hope that helps in your search.
Christie
big_smile.png

Quote:
Well, if I go that route, I will keep everyone posted. I may do it just to see how it goes. Now watch, I won't even get a roo from my standard NN hatch and it will be all this planning for nothing.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom