Does anyone have emu laying eggs now?

My pair are hardly eating now, which means they are getting ready to breed and lay eggs. I'm in California. Can sell some eggs as they start to arrive if really wanted. Don't know how fertile they are early in the season though. Male starts setting around late Nov/early Dec. Keep you all posted.

I would alos love to get a few emu eggs. I have one emu that we hatched 2 years ago. I have been trying to hatch more since but have not had any luck off ebay eggs. Ours is very friendly and likes to bite our fingers looking for bread. she always runs away from us to try to get us to chase her. Because she always comes right back if we don't go and get her. The big bugger.

I'm hoping to get some soon, can't wait to hatch some and spoil them rotten lol

Farmchick can you tell us all a little about your breeder pair? Do you have pic's of them to post?

I have them in the auction section. They are 4-5 years of age, I have owned them for 3 years. This will be the 4th winter hatching eggs. They are both easy to handle, but the male will let you pet him, female will Not.
smile.png
I have them in a big pasture during most of the year, but put them up during the egg laying season, otherwise you can't find their well hidden eggs and they end up freezing before the male starts to sit. I'm in Kentucky, so you would have to pick up. Oh, they are fine with other animals, have been pastured with cows, goats, miniature horses, but those animals tend to eat their food so it does making feeding time tough.
smile.png

61077_emus.jpg

Quote:
How are they around chickens and turkey? What part of Ky are you in?
And if we cannot purchase them would you be willing to offer fertile eggs for sale?

Back
Top Bottom