Does anyone have emu laying eggs now?

We are looking too but fall short because of their seasonal breeding. I'm looking now for a couple young emu chicks...
Good luck with your search.
I was wondering if the female lay just a certain amt. of eggs for a clutch or if (like with chickens) you take the eggs, you might extend their season??

Quote:
I wonder if it would extend their season. I know for a fact all birds I ever had that laid eggs and took them out they just kept laying eggs.

The eggs are typically harvested as they are laid, taking them doesn't seem to extend the season. Also the hens do not set the eggs, and will lay even without a nest. The two I hatched were found laying in random spots near the food.

I wish there was somewhere we could get a couple eggs or lil' ones.
Thanks for the info Dingo!!
EggAuct looks like we are going to have to wait till late Nov. earliest
sad.png

Quote:
oh my goodness!! That's just too cute Dingo!! We already have the farm perimeter fenced and cross fenced throughout, so hoping thats one less task we have to undertake. We have a Chicken shed / coop/run that is large enough for them to go into with the chickens. And an incubator just waiting for eggs lol I didn't know it was sept. / oct, from all I'd read they said Nov. (I'm excited now) I saw one site that said they lay aprox 50 eggs a yr?? Thats a nice lil' chunk of chicks!! lol

Back
Top Bottom