Internal pipping?

Rysiek

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2024
So my emu eggs are approaching their hatch date but i'm not sure when to stop turning them. How to tell if they pipped internally, any tips? Thanks

Can you listen to it? Hear anything when you hold it up to your ear?

So my emu eggs are approaching their hatch date but i'm not sure when to stop turning them. How to tell if they pipped internally, any tips? Thanks
What day of incubation are you on? If your on day 40 you can stop turning them, you can also whistle at them to see if there is any movement or you might be able to hear them peep. I'll tag someone that can help you greatly, as I haven't raised Emu's for many years now. @Pyxis

Last edited:
What day of incubation are you on? If your on day 40 you can stop turning them, you can also whistle at them to see if there is any movement or you might be able to hear them peep. I'll tag someone that can help you greatly, as I haven't raised Emu's for many years now. @Pyxis
They are on day 45 but not showing any signs of life. No whistling or moving, im starting to think they wont hatch

Can you listen to it? Hear anything when you hold it up to your ear?
Sorry for anwsering late. I can't hear anything, they aren't showing any signs of life but one side of the egg is warmer than the other. Im really not sure if they died or if they need more time. I'm not sure what to do.

Sorry for anwsering late. I can't hear anything, they aren't showing any signs of life but one side of the egg is warmer than the other. Im really not sure if they died or if they need more time. I'm not sure what to do.
I would guess the warmer egg is still alive but it's a total guess.
I would smell them and if they stink I would remove them.

I would guess the warmer egg is still alive but it's a total guess.
I would smell them and if they stink I would remove them.
They don't smell at all, they are on day 50. I'm starting to think what to do to maybe help them

Back
Top Bottom