Does anyone have pic's of Peafowl Growth and color change timeline?

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
Hi, I find it interesting how much these birds colors change as there growing up, I was wondering if people had pic's to show how they look though out the process. Thanks

Well, other peapeople probably have better examples but here goes with pictures of Twig, he's IB:

He's one of these 4-day-old peachicks (his siblings didn't make it):

And here he is at 1 month:

And 4 months:

And just the other day, at 9.5 months:

If you are interested in pea color progression, please take pictures of your chicks as they grow and help us work on a photo database for identification!

**edited to add: a image database was discussed in this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/727836/just-an-idea-for-an-image-database-any-thoughts
For some reason this was controversial, but I still think it would be a great resource even if it was not possible to include every variation of pea...

Last edited:
That is what I am looking for, If they can keep coming would be great, I 'll read the link you posted after work. Thanks

Pink's Page - Hatched 8-26-12 - Male IB
Will add more pictures as I find and resize them.

Taken 10-15-12

Taken 2-10-13

Last edited:
Mine still seem so far behind everyone Else's in there color development, I also see a lot of green in my IB's Neck, and My IBBS still has so much white and other colors going on, my IBSP and my 2 Hens seem good to go color wise.

India blue peafowl as yearlings are fully developed, in size and color on the neck and breast I think. On the other hand, Blackshoulders males continue to develop color especially on the body until 3 + years. Even 3 years old Black shoulder male some times may show a few off-white specks on the body.

My Male does not have the green like others have on shoulder blades, is neck also isn't very blue and has a lot of green, he is not nearly as colorful as the others I see on this site.

My Male does not have the green like others have on shoulder blades, is neck also isn't very blue and has a lot of green, he is not nearly as colorful as the others I see on this site.
Give him a couple more months, you'll probably start to see more color.

Back
Top Bottom