1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does anyone have Salmon Faverolles?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jadeflower999, Nov 17, 2009.

1. jadeflower999

jadeflower999 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Vancouver, Washington
    Hi Everyone!
    I was just wondering how your Salmon Faverolles behave? I have 3 hens, only one is a Faverolle, she's a nut! The others are a RIR and Silver Laced Wyandotte and I know they don't pick on her or anything. She flaps around the run squacking her head off for no reason and the other 2 just stand and look at her like "what's wrong with you?" I love her to death, but I don't think she's all there. I've had a lot of different kinds of chickens growing up in the country and she's the the biggest spaz of any breed I've had. (Now I live in town and have these 3) But I was just wondering if she's an exception or if anyone else has goofy Faverolles? (All 3 hens are 6 months, but she's been this way her whole life) Thanks everyone!!!

2. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    You may be right that something is wrong with her. Mine are sweet, quiet and docile. Prefer to stay in the back ground.

3. missfitch

missfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Marysville Ohio
    My one is the calmest bird ever! Not a crazy bone in her body

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Mine is ...odd. Not like that though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by