does anyone here draw mythical creatures or animals in general?

I used to draw dragons and unicorns but mostly horses

Pen and ink
Nice! Love it!
:frow I do draw animals and some people, but I draw mostly wolves :p
(These were made at different times, so some are worse than others XD)
I love the female lion!

I am sorry you had such a traumatic exposure to horses... I have had them now for fifty years.... In that time I have had my share of freak incidences... But mostly Memerable enjoyable and fun.

First rule from my orignal trainer.... All Chldren ANd Adults must be supervised and taught how to be safe around horses. If you get hurt it is your fault in some manner... But if your trainer isnt doing their job its their fault.

Choosing a Safe horse for a young or inexperienced person Is an art form. And usually those horses are worth their weight in gold.

To add to that... In the past fifty years I have been:
Bit
Kicked
Stepped on
Thrown over a hundred times
Jumped out from under
Dragged by the foot
Fallen down with
Bolted With
Bonked in the forehead by a rearing mare
Rolled with in the water
Thrown off by a pony
Dragged by the arm
My last and latest was Trampled and a Carriage dragged over the top of me... I got to ride in a helicopter for that one.

I have only owned one horse that would intentionally hurt you... My very first. Dad picked him out because he was stunningly pretty easy to ride responsive to reins and legs. After he threw me on the trail he ran home with the saddle under his belly. The trainers daughter worked with him a bit... he was always looking for an opportunity to toss his rider... She watched him and as soon as she relaxed around him and got off balance to talk to someone behind him Bam He would spin or bolt and off she went. This was a woman who rode Steeple Chase in England. And VERY good at rehabilitating horses with attitude. After that we sold him.

Not trying to convince you of anything... just telling MY story.

my current mare is retired and liven the golden life at a retirement farm

When I took her to a horse show one woman thought she was a Friesain... Silly woman... Like I could afford a Friesian.

deb
Yeah, its okay, I know you're not.
I've been literally cornered by a horse person before. I just said what I felt because I was young and couldn't pick up on social cues yet, and that dude stood there with his bug eyes boring into my skull as I backed up and lectured me as my mother just sat there because she thought he was right. :/
Im never going to be good with them. Horses, that is. Something about training animals makes me angry. I used to just sit there and watch a horse training video and feel my blood pressure rising. I'm not that great with dogs, either, come to think of it.

We had a real dumb one once. He'd get scared and run into anything. A 1,000 foot row of haybales, a barbwire fence, two gates. He'd also bite your shoed if you stood on the gate and then freak out because you kicked his nose. Him kicking me was the last straw and we practically gave the thing away. He now lives with the Amish and is plowing a field hooked between two draft geldings.
His mother was stupid, too, but in her own way. The idiot spooked at everything that wasn't a feed bucket, and it took two grown men pulling on ropes and pulleys to get her in the trailer to be AI'd (that is, after days of Mom trying to get her in by herself). She bit me in the back a couple months after that.
At that time we also had a pony which had the worlds roughest trot and had all kinds of bad habits and an attitude to boot. I fell off of that one.
We got rid of both of them, but then bought a third idiot (I guess she's drawn to the pretty yellow mares that need their heads kicked in). She was almost two and still not halter broke. She would spook at everything and the feed bucket.
About that time mom was starting to notice my dislike for horses and decided to fix that by forcing me to ride. And by getting another horse from her sister. This one was smarter and more sound, but didn't like people to the point where she wouldn't even take a treat. Mom drug us on weeklong trailrides with some Pasos who just couldn't keep their noses out of each others rears and we were sandwiched all day for weeks on end and I hated it.
After that Mom got a half Arab filly that also spooked at everything. I had a halter on it and suddenly it freaked out and if I hadn't been holding the rope the way I was it would have taken my fingers with it. That thing also broke several ropes setting back and pulling because she was tied. Freak out when the farrier was tapping on shoes, freak out because I was walking on a wood pallet, freak out at this, freak out at that. We gave that one away too because of hip problems.

It was only recently that she bought an OTTRH and I found out that horses could actually be sweet and deserving of treats.
I’m so sorry
!
False accusation! I’ve been:
Kicked
Bolted on
Reared on (countless times)
Bucked off
Bitten (accidentally)
Shyed on (goanna shot up a tree)
Pig rooted!

That’s all mainly from my first pony. Sorry again

I've been literally cornered by a horse person before. I just said what I felt because I was young and couldn't pick up on social cues yet, and that dude stood there with his bug eyes boring into my skull as I backed up and lectured me as my mother just sat there because she thought he was right. :/
Im never going to be good with them. Horses, that is. Something about training animals makes me angry. I used to just sit there and watch a horse training video and feel my blood pressure rising. I'm not that great with dogs, either, come to think of it.
And thats ok.... there are other things in life other than dogs and horses.... LOL.
Thats why I took up Carriage Driving. so I could take my Non horse friends out to enjoy the scenery as I enjoy it.

deb

Sorry again Fanci Feathers Marans I hope I didn’t offend you, I was joking but if it came out the wrong way I’m ten times as sorry

Sorry again Fanci Feathers Marans I hope I didn’t offend you, I was joking but if it came out the wrong way I’m ten times as sorry
Ohh. See, sometimes I see 'sorry' at the end as being sarcastic. I was a lil upset, but its all good. I can see I was working myself up over nothing.

And thats ok.... there are other things in life other than dogs and horses.... LOL.
Thats why I took up Carriage Driving. so I could take my Non horse friends out to enjoy the scenery as I enjoy it.

deb
I think I've only ever been on one carriage ride, and it was tolled so we didn't go very far.

Back
Top Bottom