Does anyone know the chicken laws in Martin County Florida?

I looked but I could not find anything about poultry!!! Any suggestions? What section would it be under?

I couldn't get the Ordinances to load properly, but looking in the zoning code, I see in the list of accessory uses by zoning:

the RE-2A district:
a.
Raising of barnyard animals such as, but not limited to, pigs, goats, sheep, cows, and poultry, provided that such animals are not raised for commercial purposes.

So, if you're zoned RE-2A (or A1), you can raise poultry as an accessory use. You can find the zoning map here: http://www.martin.fl.us/web_docs/its/web/GIS/Maps_Other/zoning_full_county.pdf

I
couldn't actually get that one to load either. You might just have to go down to your planning office and ask for a physical copy, let them know their digital ordinances are having issues, and find your house on the map.

Quote:
Thank you Laigaie for looking this up for me!!! I appreciate it. I looked at the map but it's not easy to read. I do not think we are zoned agriculture but parts of our neighborhood are so I am hoping we don't have any problems!

I'm zoned estate density 2upa r-2. I don't understand the difference. I've seen re-2a right next to r-2 estate density 2upa. Is it possible to refine my property??

Back
Top Bottom