Does anyone know what kind of duckling this is?

Mallards are supposed to have one stripe but he has a very small second stripe, that’s why I’m unsure if he is a mallard or a Rouen!
I’ve heard the “face stripe rule” again and again..but I’ve had 6 mallards and every one has had 2 stripes. You’ll be able to tell by 8 weeks for sure by looking at their size and continuous growth:)

Attachments

• 123C0A64-9648-4ADF-9C15-BBF3DED2D4DA.jpeg
    123C0A64-9648-4ADF-9C15-BBF3DED2D4DA.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 6
They are so much fun!❤️ I understand completely, we waited until we were settled into our new house before we got them :)

Exactly lol! Me too, I want to make sure they have a pond/creek and a nice set up. I just so enjoy having animals and watching them. The dogs and I literally hang out and watch my chickens and horses during the day.. one of my favorite things :love

One most definitely is a mallard or Rouen (it’s hard to tell at this age, but as you’ve learned they grow very fast and you’ll be able to be positive soon.) The other isn’t a mallard nor a Rouen but I’m not positive because I’m not very familiar with many other breeds. Be sure to keep a close eye on them if they are both drakes as they may or may not start to fight. Best of luck with your little cuties, enjoy them while they’re tiny!:love
I will definitely keep an eye on that once they’re older! For now they are the best of friends and I hope it stays that way :) thank you so much!❤️

Back
Top Bottom