Does anyone know what makes this noise??

Yeah itā€™s super hard to hear sorry about that! Itā€™s like a long drawn out high pitched sound. Iā€™ll try and get a better

Hi!
I cannot for the life of me figure out whatā€™s making this noise. I live in New Hampshire and Iā€™ve heard this before we even had chickens but ever since what we suspect was a weasel got into our barn and killed our chicks iā€™m wondering if this is what they sound like? Or maybe some type of bird? We live on a farm road so many of our neighbors have livestock and chickens and Iā€™m sure itā€™s a predators paradise. I usually hear it starting around 6pm and it sounds like itā€™s close to the ground and not in a tree but I have no idea! Sometimes it sounds like thereā€™s multiple or like itā€™s moving and making the call in different spots. I donā€™t think itā€™s a fisher, they sound way more scary haha. Sorry if itā€™s hard to hear it was the best I could get! Im definitely going to order a game cam but in the meantime any guesses would be great!
Sounds like an owl...screech owl?

They can climb a tree by flapping their wings and sinking their talons into the bark of a tree. They use their beaks too.I imagine they could climb a wire fence the same way if it wanted...

Back
Top Bottom