Does anyone know what these are?

Welcome to the forum and to chickens!

Do they have a solid structure (coop) to go into for sleeping and inclement weather?
Yup! It is at the very limit of what is okay for them size-wise though, I think (it's like a meter long and half a meter wide/tall), raised off the ground and pretty secure. I am 100% planning to get something bigger ASAP, it has been harder than expected! But for now they seem okay. Then they have this wire/hardware cloth rectangle that they can go into that's protected from the sun and they like that, and then they have free roam of this yard, and then also they consistently escape into the rest of the world every few days. I lock them in their coop thing at night though.

For the youngsters out there! 😊

Joe Shmoe​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about a fictional name.
Joe Shmoe (also spelled Joe Schmoe and Joe Schmo), meaning 'Joe Anybody', or no one in particular, is one of the most commonly used fictional names in American English. Adding a "Shm" to the beginning of a word is meant to diminish, negate, or dismiss an argument (for instance, "Rain, shmain, we've got a game to play"). It can also indicate that the speaker is being ironic or sarcastic. This process was adapted in English from the use of the "schm" prefix in Yiddish to dismiss something; as in, "Fancy, schmancy" (thus denying the claim that something is fancy). While "schmo" ("schmoo", "schmoe") was thought by some linguists to be a clipping of Yiddish שמוק "schmuck",[1] an etymology supported by the Oxford English Dictionary;[2] that derivation is not universally accepted.[3]

Yup! It is at the very limit of what is okay for them size-wise though, I think (it's like a meter long and half a meter wide/tall), raised off the ground and pretty secure. I am 100% planning to get something bigger ASAP, it has been harder than expected! But for now they seem okay. Then they have this wire/hardware cloth rectangle that they can go into that's protected from the sun and they like that, and then they have free roam of this yard, and then also they consistently escape into the rest of the world every few days. I lock them in their coop thing at night though.
Sounds like you're off to a good start then!

For the youngsters out there! 😊

Joe Shmoe​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about a fictional name.
Joe Shmoe (also spelled Joe Schmoe and Joe Schmo), meaning 'Joe Anybody', or no one in particular, is one of the most commonly used fictional names in American English. Adding a "Shm" to the beginning of a word is meant to diminish, negate, or dismiss an argument (for instance, "Rain, shmain, we've got a game to play"). It can also indicate that the speaker is being ironic or sarcastic. This process was adapted in English from the use of the "schm" prefix in Yiddish to dismiss something; as in, "Fancy, schmancy" (thus denying the claim that something is fancy). While "schmo" ("schmoo", "schmoe") was thought by some linguists to be a clipping of Yiddish שמוק "schmuck",[1] an etymology supported by the Oxford English Dictionary;[2] that derivation is not universally accepted.[3]
I always use the name Bobby... 🤪🤣

Sorry if I did this incorrectly I've never used this website! Anyway, I know nothing about chickens or about these chickens, does anyone know what they are? They were already different sizes when I got them, one of them has grown a ton and the other hasn't grown that much. Is the big one a male? The red patches on the big one are new, it looked much more black and white before. I've had them for like 3 weeks.
ec9e5abdfec9b3dae97f73dd291c8adad59c37de.jpg

9033bca501426b3127027cf01c48e07fc8ab0454.jpg

87ab37c1307bb49df0b04db636ca64babc774118.jpg

PS the cardboard box is in there because they like it, and they have an actual feeder and water thing in their little area/run thing, this is all just extra stuff out here. but if there's something that looks super wrong please let me know because I've never had a chicken before and I truly have no idea what I'm doing.

EDIT adding a picture of the small bird (total of 2 chickens in this situation): View attachment 2773139
Where did you get them from?

Back
Top Bottom