Does anyone out there have Buckeye Chickens?

Thanks for the response and the invite... If she isn't a rooster by spring I'll order another. I'm in N. Ohio about 3 counties over from where the breed originated so I'm sure I can get more then....
The timing just seemed a little strange...... lose one roo and then a supposed "hen" starts developing differently a few weeks later.
I do know my biology
big_smile.png
One can never tell exectly what's going on in those bird brains....
smile.png

well I got some pics for the mysterious Buckeye "hen" I belive she is a he.

18786_dcp_0977.jpg

Here he/she is in the flock. notice the sickle tail feathers. the cape is getting shaggier and is longer than the other hens.

18786_dcp_0981.jpg

here are a couple buckeye hens.

18786_dcp_0985.jpg

here is a better look at his cape.

I think there was a mixup in the sexing, but at 12 weeks just not sure. I'll leave it it more knowledgeable than me.

What ya think? Roo or hen

Yep, that looks like a man bird to me. He's lovely. I have one lonely Buckeye hen named Skittle. She's adorable. She's been a sweetheart since the day I got her.

When growing, especially in the first 16 weeks, they need at least 28% protein for optimal growth. It is also best that some of that protein be animal protein.

If your still interested in getting Buckeyes check with BuckeyeDave We just got some from him last week. Im in LOVE
wink.png
We got two laying hens and 6 juveniles. They only took 3 days to adjust to the move and we started getting a egg every other day out of the two older hens.

Back
Top Bottom