Does anyone read post topics before adding a new one?

woodmort

RIP 1938-2020
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
Maybe I just hate repeating myself but it seems like about once a day there are repeat threads on the same subject in each section. Don't people look at the posts before they ask a question? Example right now, within five lines, there were two pumpkin threads on the feeding section that ask the same thing. I mean if they were in different sections or if the initial one had been allowed to disappear, I would understand, but come on, they even had the same title. I guess this comes from teaching where a kid would ask a question, I'd answer it, and 2 minutes later another kid would ask the same darn question. I guess for most people it is easier to ask a question than listen to an answer. Understand, I'm from the "There is no such thing as a dumb question" school but jeeze, please pay attention.

cool.png
I share your frustration....

I've done that a couple times in the emergency section only because I was new and was very panicy and was too freaked out that my chickens were sick to be able to read the other posts. I only do that now if I think my situation is very different from the other person's. Oher than that, I don't find it really annoying.

I have to agree, it is very annoying at times to see the same question over and over and over! One of the great things about this site is all the information that is available...but you have to READ IT! The search option is a great tool to find previous posts...if you use it! Ok, I feel better for having said that, sorry if I hurt anyones' feelings.

I don't know how many times I hit the report button on the dozen new threads on the guardians (owl movie?) how many threads on same topic can folks cram in within a 24 hour period of time?

This is my theory. Just talked to one of my fellow agents, her husband has to have a liver transplant, lost his income and insurance in 15 days, no jobs . . .Real Estate is slow, having to move into their camper if things don't get better FAST . . .and we gripe because of duplicate like posts. My theory is: if this is the worst thing that happens to ME today, then things are good. No offense anyway, but what is the big deal! Just ignore them. . .or if you can help, help.

It drives me nuts as well...the problem with the extra posts is that they clutter that particular forum and it become harder to find informative posts that you are looking for.

I usually read back topics several pages before I post questions.

Quote:
I so agree!
clap.gif

So what if the same subject gets posted a hundred times!! Everyone's individual situation is different and they need answers pertinent to their particular situation.
I don't mind the same question being asked over and over again, nor any of the other little nuances that go along with a forum this large. If I can help, I do. If I can't, I try to offer support.
If you are not inclined to help, just don't read those threads. What's the big deal?

First thing I do when I log onto the forum is look for the threads I've already posted on/are still active. Easy to do since they are marked with the little "." Then, if I have time, I go to the new threads and help when and where I can.

I thought that's what BYC was all about - learning and helping.

Back
Top Bottom