1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does Anyone Use Avia Charge Supplement In The Water??

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by juliect, Oct 20, 2009.

1. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Has anyone used the supplement Avia Charge 2000 ? Any success stories? Failure stories?

My chickens really seem to like the taste and drink more than normal...which is odd, when it turned the water black I assumed they wouldn't touch it. I am not using it for any particular purpose, other than to reinforce their immune systems since we had this sudden cold spell.

2. nature nut

nature nut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    This year I got a couple of malnourished hens and someone mentioned it as a great supplement to boost their health. I got it from McMurray's and was surprised when it turned the water black [​IMG] but they didn't mind at all. It sounds like a good vitamin/mineral/conditioning supplement from what the label says. The hens are now in great shape but it was part of a whole rehab process. I don't know how much of it was from the avian charge but I'm sure it helped. I also used it to help a chick that had sprained her leg and didn't want to stand long to eat. She ended up doing really well also.

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I do. I don't keep it in their waterers all the time but once a week for a day. I supplement just for good health. I was worried too when I first started using it and the water turned black! lol But they like it!! Seems to really help since they are all molting, new feathers are growing in quicker here.

4. juliect

juliect Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2009
    Niota, TN
    Yay!

The only downside I have found so far seems to be explaining to people that the water is SUPPOSED to be black [​IMG]

5. nancy1zak

nancy1zak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2008
    Morris County, NJ
    I purchased the Avia Charge for my chickens because it said it would stop feather picking. I had tried everything else. I do think it has helped. Do you know if we can you it ALL the time or just every once in a while?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by