Does anyone water there birds with ONLY THE WATERING NIPPLES ?

hogdogs87 I'm in the Middle Ga area too. We've had our hens on the nipple system for a couple of years. We use a five gallon bucket with a top not air tight, over the bucket. We also have added water lines that are attached to 30 gallon drum of water that goes out to the large protected run area. The heat here doesn't seem to have any affect on the quality of the water, but I do add Oxine to the waterers to keep algae and bacteria from growing.

You can order it by the gallon on Amazon. You do not need the activator so don't purchase that. It's a little cheaper through them but not eligible for their Prime status for free shipping. It comes from Revival Animal Health. I use Oxine for bio-security. I live in the woods so I am concerned about viral bugs and bacterium that can get to chickens from all the wild birds around here. I clean my coops often and spray this all over the inside and in their run areas as well as around the outside of those areas. This product kills 200 different kinds of "bugs" and will not harm your girls (or boys). It's an amazing product really. I found out about it on this site when I had an issue some time ago with a few of my girls getting sick.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-users-please-share-usage-dosage-storage-etc

Back
Top Bottom