Does blood in poop always signify cocci?

My little partridge rock, Cherry, is fine and well. A long-time chicken raising friend got back to town and looked everyone over. No blood in anyone's poop (even Cherry) and all are happy and healthy. She said it was just one of those things- perhaps remnants of passing lining. My chickens moved into their coop yesterday and are now enjoying their new home. My family always know where to find me if I go "missing." I cannot thank everyone enough for their helpful responses. I certainly learned a lot. What a gift this community is!

Yeah this place is great! There are so many wonderful caring people here, and such knowledge!

I'm glad your baby is doing well. That's wonderful news!

my chicks were on medicated starter til this week when i started weaning them off, half med and half non med...now one has a poop with red liquid..like strawberry jelly...no problems eating or drinking , they are 4 1/2 weeks old, could she just have eaten something bad they love to peck at the pine shavings, i just ordered corid from amazon, hope she will be okay til i get it....

Back
Top Bottom