1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Does having a coop/chickens lower the value of your neighbor's home?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Shobe Biz, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Shobe Biz

Shobe Biz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2012
  2. hemet dennis

hemet dennis Chillin' With My Peeps

Good article

[​IMG]

3. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    A house with a chicken coop and/or barn would be a plus for me. For me my neighbors ATV racing (screaming)kids are worse than my chickens,but I guess I am biased.

I had mice years before I got any chickens.Love how they blame chickens for a booming rodent population.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  4. BusyBlonde

BusyBlonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Any mouse that wanders into my chicken's pen doesn't last too long - they're better at catching them than my cat! And if they get into my garden shed, where I keep the food, the black snake that has taken up residence there will take care of them. I haven't seen any sign of mice around my coop or shed for a couple months.

5. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    I wouldn't care what it does to my neighbor's property, as long as it wasn't physically hurting them.

1 person likes this.
  6. THE Curmudgeon

THE Curmudgeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Good fences make good neighbors.

THE Curmudgeon

1 person likes this.
  7. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    I'll take some cackling hens and crowing roosters over a yapping dog any day!

1 person likes this.
  8. flewdacoop

flewdacoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2012
    CARLYSS LOUISIANA
    has to increase it because if it is built it has to cost and then that means it has to have value..

1 person likes this.
  9. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    For me it definitely has value. I once bought a house primarily because it had a coop in the backyard. And, more recently, when searching for properties, a chicken coop was one of the things I regularly searched on. If I found a house with a chicken coop, I looked further at the house to see if it would meet our other needs. (Sadly, I was unable to find a house with a pre-existing house, so wound up buying a house that met other needs and built a brand new coop [​IMG] )

1 person likes this.
  10. aflad2013

aflad2013 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2012
    Sioux Falls,SD
    That is sooo true. Love my privacy fence...not only for me, for them. They should be thanking me[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by