Does he look like a rooster to you?

primalchick

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Alberta, Canada
My chicks are only 3 weeks old, but I am seeing some very noticable differences in some of them. This one especially! I am thinking he's a HE? His comb is a lot brighter than all the rest...his feathers are coming in slower and he has like no tail feathers (which I ready on the Wyandotte sexing thread can be a sign of a rooster too?). This one's a SLW.

As compared to this one...who is a GLW and I'm hoping is a pullet because s/he is soooo sweet!

Looking at the comb on the one behind has me wondering if it's a roo too! LOL!

Yep, you've clued into all the right signs. Definitely roo. I love their little stubby butts while everyone else is running around with a tail.

Thanks! Glad to hear I'm looking for the right signs :) LOL Their stubby little butts are pretty cute! I have 10 chicks, straight run so I'm guessing half or so will be roos, but this is the only one showing the surest signs of it so far. I have 2 more with no tail feathers, and are feathering in slower everywhere so they could be too. No other bright combs like this guy's yet though. Time will tell I guess!

Back
Top Bottom